icon

Alpine = good SQ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobhan101 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

Ok guys I have another project car. My Mazda has got the audiobahn's, its a show car i know please dont gun me for getting them. They are super loud and sound like shhh. 

So alpine type r's? prefferably 12 inch, do they have good sq? and still thump pretty hard? I need some one with first hand expierience to tell me this. Im also looking into MA Audio, maybe some Diamond audio, its really a hard descision. I have about $450 to burn. I have an amp. Kenwood KAC 9152D 900 watts RMS at 2 ohms so gimme some ideas guys.

84 Mazda Rx7 GS
4 15" Audiobahn High Excursion
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
radioflyer 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
the newer type R's have a multi folded surround that looks like an accordian. this allows a much longer throw and enables it to play deeper bass without sacrificing the higher bass frequencies. I would look on Ebay for the best prices
you can never have too much of a good thing
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
I sell the type "R" and they're not bad. The only draw back is they are a little deep mount wise, so if space is a premium measure first. A little better SQ sub would be the 12" JL W3V2. They are about the same price. As for E-Bay Alpine and JL will not offer any warranty for new equipment purchased there. Make sure you get dual 2 ohm voice coils so you can show your amp a 2 ohm load.
There is no such thing as free installation!
audiobhan101 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
thx guys. im thinking maybe ill get 2 12's or 4 10's. I like the look of the alpines. Those JL's, I know they are good but to me JLs look cheap. The W7 looks awsome but i cant afford it at all. Ill save up a little and maybe look at alpine type x's thanks for the help.
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  

The Alpines should sound good heard a pair i thought they were pretty good

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
vwgolf1128 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have an Alpine 12" type R and i like it. Hits hard in the premade ported box. If you have 450 to burn, why not just get one real good sub, such as a JL w6 etc.
Volkswagen Golf
Alpine CDA-9851
Alpine MRD-M501
Alpine 12" Type R Ported
Alpine Guy is my hero
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
You need a pair of svc 4 ohm 12's. If you are interested in some real sleeper subwoofers, the Lightning Audio Strike 12" speakers work real darn good in a nice small sealed box. They are also inside of the price range that you would like to spend and unlike E-burn, you will have warranty.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
audiobhan101 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
not sure if you guys saw my post about the kicker comps but looks like most of you guys recommend the alpines.
To VWgolf: I want at least 2 subs cause i have had singles before and you have to push them too hard to get the same out put and i have blown a few that way.
might just have to keep saving for a couple of good JL's or RE's but i dont wanna spend too much on this cause my gf dont like me "wasting" my money as she says.
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
vwgolf1128 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Audiobahn, i dont know about pushing JL's too hard. I have heard so many great things about them. Pretty sure 1 12JLW6 would blow 2 Type R's away.
Volkswagen Golf
Alpine CDA-9851
Alpine MRD-M501
Alpine 12" Type R Ported
Alpine Guy is my hero
audiobhan101 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok so JL is they way to go then? Cause i am aslo interested in RE and Adire but have nevr seen them for sale before and dont want to go through alot of hassle to get them.
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic