icon

Clifford Matrix RSX3.2 learning remotes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mhzrush 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I messed up my 2 way LED transmitter for the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.2 alarm/remote start system, so I decided to order a replacement on ebay. The replacement I got was a Viper 488V, no big deal, since I see most of them are compatible. I followed the instructions to program the remote:
1. Opened the door
2. turned the ignition to ON
3. I entered into programming mode 1 (pressing the button once, then holding it the second time) After I held the button down, a chirp sounded and the LED in the car blinked accordingly as the manual said.
4. While I was holding the valet switch, I pressed a button on the new transmitter, and the car acknowledged that it recieved it through a chirp, but I recieved no response from the remote except the response you get when it cant send the signal or didnt receive a response.
5. I released the valet switch, and turned off the car and it made a small siren noise.
I tried to use the new remote, and no luck..
I called up the place that installed my system, and told the installer my situation, he told me to come in and he could see if he could get it working. He tried the same thing I did, except that he tried to wipe the memory of the other transmitter out (program 11), and that didn't even work.
He went online and downloaded the installers pdf manual, and the manual claims that there are 14 modes, and the modes stop at program 13. The manual claims that program 14 resets the memory, but there isn't a program 14. He thought it was the different models of remotes, so he got an identical clifford one, and it does the same thing.
He referred me to another store where the guy has experience in "older alarms", lol I just got this thing like 8 months ago. I have to wait till Friday for him to come back to work.
I cannot find an installers pdf for a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.2, but I have the paper the guy printed out, which isn't a big help because he couldnt even get it working.
I kept trying programs 1, 2, and 11, and nothing works, I cant even wipe out the current remote memory.
The car acknowledges the remote, but wont send a command back to the remote..
Any ideas?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Does the alarm actually do what the remote is telling it.  Like locking the doors starting unlocking?  If it does then more than likely the antenna or antenna wire has been damamged somewhere along the line.  Have had this happen a couple of times with the clifford matrix systems.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
try unhooking the ant. and reinstalling....i have fixed this problem doing that before......
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
mhzrush 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
I messed with the system @ school today, what a nightmare; I was trying various programming modes, trying to get the system to forget my current remote, and I programmed my remote start button for lock/unlock and my unlock button for the remote start timer, lol.
The system does what the remote tells it to do, until I messed with it, but I think I can fix it (hopefully). I don't care about the old remote, its broken.
I dont think the antenna has been damaged, ive only had it for like 8 months, its still a possibility though.
Tomorrow I will have access to a heated garage and will try trial and error on each mode.
I have another question, do I have to program each thing I want the remote to do? Or Can I just use Auto Learn Standard Configuration?
In the manual that the installer downloaded and printed out, I only recieved a few pages, and there is a * by program 1, and it says *NOTE: FOR auto learn configurations, see transmitter configurations sections of this guide.
Clifford Matrix RSX3.2 learning remotes -- posted image.
redpeppers: are you referring to the antenna behind the rearview mirror? I will unhook it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Thanks again for the advice and I will let you know how everything goes tomorrow
mhzrush 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
btw, i proofread my post, and I still have not gotten my new remote to work..
I tried uploading the manual pics, but my ftp is down, it WILL be up tomorrow..
Thanks
mhz
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
YOU have to program Arm no#1 or 5 standard configuration then only then can you do auto learn ihope this helps.
mhzrush 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
I tried programming each mode to the new remote today, and still no luck :(
I'm getting very frustrated, becuase I'm getting nowhere, and I just got off the phone with an a***ole.
The installer at the Fenton store told me to talk to an installer at the Ballwin store, so I called them just a few minutes ago. I called "Utlimate Electronics", and the response I recieved was..
"you voided your warranty and messed up your alarm since you programmed it yourself." I informed him that my alarm/remote start performs very well, and this is the only problem i've had with it. He also noted that even though both remotes have the same FCCID#, they operate on different frequencies. There isnt a problem the new remote: it worked the same as we tried to program another identical clifford remote, and it still did the same thing.
and he said, "we can't mess with your alarm now because the store in fenton attempted to program it. you have to call fenton and see what they can for you."
EUGH, I had the alarm professionally installed for $500!! The store I bought it from closed that store. I dont mess with cars, and programming a remote seemed simple.
I don't see how pressing on a VALET switch could mess your alarm up, becuase thats what its there for. Anyone out there know if messing with your VALET switch voids your warranty?
arandall850 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I am having a similar problem on a coworkers car with a clifford 3.5 He broke his original remote while the car was armed and now it won't learn any new remotes. I've tried zaping it withe the bitwriter, and having it try to learn all the modes (usually it's press the valet switch 8 times and hold on the 9th) or press once and hold on the second.
I am trying to program a Python remote, which I know for a fact works with the clifford as it is programmed to my clifford 3.5 no problems.
And I doubt it's an antenna problem because it the car confirms the remote with it's chirp when you hit a button on the remote in program mode.
And for your warrenty, you must have talked to someone who just doesn't want to help you out, cause trying to program something yourself shouldn't void the warranty.
Think it might be time for me to call DEI and ask what's up.
mhzrush 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

Well, when you call them, please let me know the outcome of the call .. Email me @ mhzrush@gmail.com I'm going to take my car to another DEI approved installer and see if they can figure it out. They told me who ever said programming new remotes to your alarm voids your warranty is stupid. They charge $5 less than Ultimate Electronics to program the remote, and they'll show me how to program other ones in the future.

mhzrush 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I tried the other DEI installer, and they said its a bad antenna. I called Ultimate Electronics, and I cant get an appointment to replace it until after thanksgiving..
I havent even had my alarm for 8 months, and im glad i got to it before the 1 year warranty ran out.
Did DEI recall those antennas? It sounds like a lot of people are having problems with them..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic