icon

Canbus 2 in a New Chrysler or Magnum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shhnappa 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone installed a Soundgate Canbus2 in a new Chrysler 300 or an '05 Magnum? If so, where did you pick up the canbus signal? Exterior Canbus (engine side)? Do you know the wire colors? And lastly, is Canbus (+) the same as Canbus (high)? These vehicles are too new for Soundgate to have the installation info, or so they say. Thanks for your help in advance.
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,SHHNAPPA,

Here is all what I know,

I never install Soundgate's CAN-BUS interface, I always use Australian,Dutch and Japanese interfaces.but I think all are same:Exterior CAN stands "CAN C" as Chrysler. Interior CAN stands "CAN B". sometimes stand "CAN High" and "CAN Low" by others. these CAN wires are 2 of twisted wires. CAN B wire colors are: WHITE/ Orange(+) and White(-).CAN C wire colors are:WHITE/ Light green(+) and WHITE/ Light blue(-). Do not cut any CAN wires when you install interface.CAN B picking up point is behind Radio or Amplifier. CAN C picking up point is "The right side of glove box".you can pick up exterior CAN inside interior! At passenger's side A pillar bottom, there are 3 big connectors from the bottom to the top.also they have LOCK TAB.#1 front foward connector is it.Light Grey Connector with 26 way.cavity 6 is WHITE/ Light blue( CAN C +) cavity 7 is WHITE/ Light green(CAN C -).Again, do not cut any CAN wires! Do not cut and solder CAN wires! for your vehicle's safe. Good Luck!

shhnappa 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
oddball wrote:

Hello,SHHNAPPA,

Here is all what I know,

I never install Soundgate's CAN-BUS interface, I always use Australian,Dutch and Japanese interfaces.but I think all are same:Exterior CAN stands "CAN C" as Chrysler. Interior CAN stands "CAN B". sometimes stand "CAN High" and "CAN Low" by others. these CAN wires are 2 of twisted wires. CAN B wire colors are: WHITE/ Orange(+) and White(-).CAN C wire colors are:WHITE/ Light green(+) and WHITE/ Light blue(-). Do not cut any CAN wires when you install interface.CAN B picking up point is behind Radio or Amplifier. CAN C picking up point is "The right side of glove box".you can pick up exterior CAN inside interior! At passenger's side A pillar bottom, there are 3 big connectors from the bottom to the top.also they have LOCK TAB.#1 front foward connector is it.Light Grey Connector with 26 way.cavity 6 is WHITE/ Light blue( CAN C +) cavity 7 is WHITE/ Light green(CAN C -).Again, do not cut any CAN wires! Do not cut and solder CAN wires! for your vehicle's safe. Good Luck!

Oddball,

Thank you for the info, kinda funny, I had already done exactly what you had mentioned, and all to no avail. I was wondering if there was something I may have missed? I actually went further and tried tapping into the White with DK-BL and White with LT,-BL as well as White with Orange & White, still no results. Soundgate claims that this works, but I'm thinking that either I'm missing something, or this is the wrong product for me. Do you have a website for a Canbus interface that you know works? Or maybe I'm missing something with this install. Look forward to your comments.

oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Hello SHHNAPPA,

Australian CAN-BUS interface (VSS pick up only: Exterior CAN)  www.soundlabsgroup.com.au

Dutch CAN-BUS interface(VSS,ACC,reverse and illumination)    www.beijerautomotive.nl

Japanese CAN-BUS interface(VSS,ACC,reverse and illumination and steering control)  www.m-e-i.jp

or if you just pick up VSS only, try API4 from beijerautomotive. Just in case, please check your tapping point . we have experience that other installer tried to pick up CAN-BUS by electro-tap, Electro-tap's teeth was no good.

Good Luck!

shhnappa 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
oddball wrote:

Hello SHHNAPPA,

Australian CAN-BUS interface (VSS pick up only: Exterior CAN)  www.soundlabsgroup.com.au

Dutch CAN-BUS interface(VSS,ACC,reverse and illumination)    www.beijerautomotive.nl

Japanese CAN-BUS interface(VSS,ACC,reverse and illumination and steering control)  www.m-e-i.jp

or if you just pick up VSS only, try API4 from beijerautomotive. Just in case, please check your tapping point . we have experience that other installer tried to pick up CAN-BUS by electro-tap, Electro-tap's teeth was no good.

Good Luck!

Oddball,

Wanted to give you the update, I was able to find the wires behind the glovebox as you mentioned, and still had no luck. I can't belive how sensitive the Can Bus lines are, the only thing I didn't do initially was to solder them directly, so, after going over everything one more time, I soldered ALL of the connections, and WHAMO, it worked. Not only does my GPS now see vehicle speed, but I now have my speedometer working in the vehicle dymanics screen on my Pioneer AVIC N2. Very happy this worked out. Thanks again for your help!!!

rayrobson 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
Kenwood has a vss generator available, (not cheap) it works great you magnetize one of the tires and install the module above it inside. Check a local kenwood retailer for the part #.
H2s H3s Escalades Denalis all day everyday....if you need help with these vehicles PM me...If I don't know I will find out!
oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  

Hello RAYROBSON

Other installer use VSS generator as you mentioned, but we don't. the reason is:1  magnetizer will expire 6 month or sooner. 2 magnetizer is not  punctual.  So we always use CAN-BUS interface first. An alternative choice is using API4 from Dutch. 2005 Mustang,five-hundred, Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, new Durango , new RAM and new Grand Cherokee.. I think Vehicle with CAN-BUS seems to be "Installer Killer".Anyhow thank you for reply.

Happy holidays!

Audio Imagez 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

I am also dealing with one of these, 2006 300C and Installing an Eclipse 5435. I tried to get the WHITE/ Lt Blue and White Lt/Green At the connector behind the glove box using the can pulse 2 from soundgate, and I even tapped into the wires by stripping them back and soldiering them. I still get the "Check Speed Pulse" message on the nav screen. Any ideas/ suggestions? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Never mistake lack of talent for genius...
redwinger 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Mikey check out www.300cfourms.com  you might want to post your question over there.  Lots of knowledge on the 300 and canbus systemCanbus 2 in a New Chrysler or Magnum -- posted image.
skidoos 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
did a 2006 grand cherokee 6 cylinder, used cambus 02 from soundgate for alpine navi, wires are white blue and white green at ecu at passenger firewall, top plug it works sigh.........
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic