icon

Honda Accord 2002 starter problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I just hook up the remote starter asianwolf  8000rs. Can anyone where is the two factory immobilizer module attenna wires with the location, and what color  that wires look like. I tried to work on the standard mehod of the 556u by wrapping the ring but it doesn't work? I think i hooked it up to the wrong wire. I used the 556u to passby. Is it gonna work with this car.  Any help would be appriciated. Thank you

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

This unit does NOT connect to the factory transponder....read the instructions again. The dei blue (status output) is used to trigger the device ON.

This unit does work fine with this car. Its a 3 wire hookup   constant 12v, ground, and the status wire from your unit.

minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

I try to wrap around the ignition but it didn't work. Where the attenna ring goes?, there is three wire BLACK/ red, BLACK/ white and black. I know that the other three wires black goes to ground, red goes to 12 constant, and blue to ground output during remote start. I want to use alternative method because the standard wrapping  method didn't seem to work. Please help me out. Thank you

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
The 556U should work fine on that car. You have the red, black, and blue wires connected right.
Use a piece of tape or a small zip tie to make the 556U's ring smaller, just a little bigger than the key cylinder......... it has to be on the face of the key cylinder, not thrown around it..........pretty much, make the ring as tight as you can get it without being able to see it once the steering column is put back together.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
This unit does work fine with this car. Its a 3 wire hookup   constant 12v, ground, and the status wire from your unit.

I agree.....This unit works good on this vehicle

Like Chris said ...Put the ring around the Ignition Switch Cylinder and tighten the ring with a zip tie of tape.  Make sure you run the antenna wire down & away from other wires if you can
Be sure the BLUE wire is Powered Up DURING Cranking & while Running

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
I will try that but i also need an alternative if the above method doesn't work. You guys have any ideas where the factory two wires attenna ring on the accord 2002 and what color is the wires. Because i put one the the acura 3.5 2001 RL. The ring method keep losing the RF signal. that is why I want to do the alternative method. Any help would be appreciated.
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
The Dei bypass will work on both of those cars no problem so you are doing something wrong.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic