icon

02 Silverado, astrostart 2205U

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fitzgr8 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so today I installed a astrostart 2205U and every thing seems to work except that I have a service engine soon light on. Is it normal for the speedo go all the way to the right when you unhook the battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Fitzgr8 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

I searched the archives and it appears that I need to hook up the second ignition wire on the truck. Does anyone know what wire on the astro unit should be hooked up to the second ignition wire? Thanks

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

you don't need a extra ignition wire coming from the alarm, this is what you do

get a relay

pin 85 goes to ground

pin 86 will go to ignition #1 on the vehicle

pin 87 will go to a fused 12 volt source

pin 30 will go to the 2nd ignition wire in the car

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
Fitzgr8....use the P5.....
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Well... If your using an astroflex passlock 3 bypass I'd say the second ignition is built into the bypass and you will not need to use the P5 onboard relay... BUT! If you are using the IOM-GMC-1 astroflex security bypass which is a 1 wire data bus connection at the obd2 connector under the dash which will do lock,unlock, arm, disarm, and horn confirmation upon second lock, AND PASSLOCK 2! (I STRONGLY RECCOMMEND THIS BYPASS WE CHARGE $90 INSTALLED FOR THE BYPASS ALONE!) You will definately want to use the P5 Onboard relay for second ignition because thats what the astro units come programmed as and I usually use the WHITE/ blue (-) programmable output to trip the added bosch relay to power up the second accessory, and the white wire (-) programmable output for my negative parking lights at the brown connector in the BCM under the dash gray/black. Good luck tell us whats up!! 
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
an IOM GMC1  ...for a 2002?   03 yes, 02 are you sure?
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
i have had a couple newer Gm trucks have the speedo go all the way to the right and be stuck when doing audio installs after we disconnected the battery.  After a few miles of driving, both went back to normal.
03sd 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Usually the speedo jumps if you have the key on when disconnecting the battery. Make sure the key is off when disconnecting the battery. If you can't get the speedo to return, use a strong magnet (such as a hardrive magnet) to manually rotate it back.
Bob O.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic