icon

02 honda accord remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juicezaccord 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
i recently installed the dei transponder 555H and my car still will not remote start.  if i turn on the car manually and den activate the remote start, the car will run wen i take the key out.  that means that the module is working rite? why will my car not remote start?  please respond.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
YES....you have a transponder issue. The car WILL start with the key in the ignition, WILL NOT start with the transponder key in the box.....Check the ring around the key cylinder, sometimes this can be tricky. ALSO....how is the bypass wired?
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
well the remote start wont work at all. wen i hit the button, the accessories turn on then shuts down. its like it wants to start but it cant.  it doesn't crank. i tried both of my master keys in the ignition and nothing happens.  the light turns on and den off like its supposed to.               if i turn on my car manually, and den press da button.. i can take my key out of the cylinder and the car will stay on.   what can my problem be?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
You can remove the Key while running because it already has ByPassed with the Key.
Like KarTuneMan said...........Check the Ring and also make sure the ByPass Module you installed powers up while CRANKING & Running..............
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
wat do u mean if it powers while cranking or running? how should i do dat? you're talkin about the illuminated ring?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

juicezaccord wrote:
i recently installed the dei transponder 555H and my car still will not remote start.  if i turn on the car manually and den activate the remote start, the car will run wen i take the key out.  that means that the module is working rite? why will my car not remote start?  please respond.

juicezaccord wrote:
wat do u mean if it powers while cranking or running? how should i do dat? you're talkin about the illuminated ring?

NO.............I mean the 555H........Be sure it is Powered Up DURING CRANKING and While RUNNING

MO
mo12v 
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
What wires do you have the 555H connected to??
MO
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
well i actually got all the wires exactly how the installation guide says to. and the light does come on..so i believe it is powered up.. im still stumped with wat you meant by checking the ring?...i keep trying with both my master keys and nothing works..u kno wats messed up..dat im a mechanic and cant install an easy remote start!! lol
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
The green light with a picture of a key, inside the instrument cluster-----what is it doing?
It should come on steady when you turn on the ignition and the car sees a good key------ it will be flashing if there is a problem with the key.
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
well it turns on the ignition good and the car runs great....but wen u put the key in it blinks..why is dat a problem?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic