icon

02 honda accord remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
555H is the pain to install without the key. It has the programming problem with all the keys especially with accord. try to use 556H the new model to see if it helps otherwise use the 556u if you willing to lose one key.
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
The first car I did with a transponder bypass was my own 2002 Honda Accord. I used the 555H too. The first guys who responded to your post must be thinking you have the 555U where you need to put a key into the transponder bypass box and hook up a looped wire (ring) around the ignition cylinder. The 555H does not have this ring, it interfaces with the wiring of the Accord's immobilizer system.
Assuming you hooked up all the wires according to the instructions AND programmed the unit correctly, try this:
There is a wire coming from the 555H that you hook up to your remote starter that goes to ground during a remote start. If you remove this wire from your remote starter and hook it up directly to ground, and WITHOUT a key in the ignition switch, try a remote start. If you have the 555H hooked up and programmed correctly, the car will start. If you don't, the car will just crank and crank. If it does this hit the brake pedal to shut down the remote starter.
If the car starts, your remote starter is not providing the ground signal or not providing it soon enough. I found that my Accord was VERY fussy and had to see that transponder wire grounded BEFORE the ignition wire saw 12v power or else it wouldn't authorize a start. Check the ground out wire of the remote starter with a multimeter.
If the car doesn't start the 555H may be punky. I had my 555H grounded but the ground wire was slightly taught because the screw I used to ground it twisted the crimped on eye connector when I tightened the screw. Make sure the ground wire on the 555H is clean and solid. If you can't get it to work, return it and get a PKH2 from bypasskit.com or on ebay.
natsys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
One more thing.
You wrote:
well the remote start wont work at all. wen i hit the button, the accessories turn on then shuts down. its like it wants to start but it cant. it doesn't crank. i tried both of my master keys in the ignition and nothing happens. the light turns on and den off like its supposed to.               if i turn on my car manually, and den press da button.. i can take my key out of the cylinder and the car will stay on.   what can my problem be?
If your car won't crank your remote start isn't installed right. When you install a remote start in a vehicle that has a transponder this forum has recommended to first install the remote start. Then BEFORE you attempt to install the transponder bypass, put your key in the ignition--don't turn it at all--and attempt a remote start. If your remote start is wired right the car will start. If it doesn't start--figure out what is wrong with the remote starter FIRST, then when it works go on to the transponder bypass. Otherwise you don't know which one is faulty.
Try this first and make sure the car starts. Then move on to the 555H test.
juicezaccord 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
which ground are you talkin bout? the black ground or the one that goes to the remote status ground?
natsys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
The ground wire I had a problem with was the black chassis ground wire from the 555H. Make sure it is attached to a good clean ground.
To check if your problem is the 555H or the remote starter ground the blue remote start input wire from the 555H to a known ground. If you have everything hooked up right the car will start.
If it will crank and not start hit the brake pedal to cancel the remote start. Then remove the blue wire from ground and put your key in the ignition but do not turn it. Try a remote start. If it starts you have a problem with the 555H.
If the car will not start or even crank, as you indicated before, recheck all your remote start wiring. If you used a starter kill or anti-grind relay be sure that you hooked up the starter wire from the remote start on the starter side of the relay and not the key side.
Let me know what happens.
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
thankz guys for all your help...i kinda used ur help...but i den looked thru my whole wiring for my remote start and my alarm and figured out wat was my problem...2 of my wires had been coming loose because i had forgotten to solder those 2.  but thankz guys...my alarm and remote start work great!!..
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

can anybody help me with this probleM? my alarm and remote start are all connected...works fine..but wen i remote start...my factory alarm reacts and goes off....it sux wen i do it in the morning cuz i wake up all the neighbors! lol...please help

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
did you hook up factory alarm disarm/rearm???    not being psychic i am also forced to ask... what type of vehicle is it? if accord, what year?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
You are going to have to disarm the fac. alarm before remote starting. Either by disarming the alarm with the disarm on the alarm or disarming the alarm before you remote start it each time.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
juicezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Where is a good ground for the remote start? Everytime I remote start my car, its like it loses its memory and continues cranking. It only remembers for short periods of time. I believe its the ground. Plz respond ASAP, thank you I appreciate it!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic