icon

remote go in ready mode no start sunfire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madmedicine 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
its my car and im working with technobro on this, its a plain and simple 96 sunfire. what he means by the two tach wires is that on some posts people say to use the PURPLE / white wire in the engine harness for the tach wire, and some other people said to use the white wire in the engine harness, either one and i don't seem to be getting a tach signal since the RS doesn't complete the setup for that....
im able to start the car with the key and press a button to keep the car running after taking the key out, but it still won't start, so i guess that part doesn't need a tach signal
then i try to start the car with the rs, absolutly nothing happens, don't hear any relays inside the RS clicking so im almost sure the tach isn't programmed...
as for the parking brake, its another security, pressing the normal brake, taking off the e-brake, opening the hood are mostly the only things that should be connected. as for the door, pretty much went through the manual over and over and couldn't find anything to make sure it has to be connected, and how would it know if the door is closed? the door circuit would be open and so its just like not plugging the wire for it, the car only gives 12 volts through the door circuit when its open
as for the passlock, im gonna install it after, since from what i heard, the car should start then after 5-10 stop and the anti-theft light should flash in the dash meaing i started the car without the pcm checking the resistance of the passlock
madmedicine 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
well i finally got the tach programmed and it was the white wire, heard that u can test it with ac volts and its should read anywhere 1-6 volts, goes up to 2 volts on mine but it finally acknowledged that it detected the signal
but amazingly still won't start.....
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
you HAVE to have the door pins hooked up
you HAVE to have the parkbrake hooked up.
you HAVE to have a passlock module intalled.
When you have all that done, call us.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
madmedicine 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
finally got it to start, needed the accesory and use the wire that tests negative with the door open, now it starts and shuts off imediately with the anti-theft light that turns on...now all i need to do is hook up my passlock bypass
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic