icon

brand new rockford punch 60ix from 1995

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eminem2pac420 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  

hey, i came across this brand new rockford 60ix amp from 1995 on ebay, and needed some advice on how much you guys think it's worth.  I am either planning on keeping it as an antique, or using them in a project car  (just for looks).   Currently, I'm the highest bidder, but I didn't know how much I should go up to.  hes also selling a 40ix, but its not new.  Although, it looks like its in pretty good shape.  I'll probably use the 40ix and keep the 60ix like it is.  That thing is still in the shrink wrap!!! 

thanks in advance!

MikesMarine 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  

If you're a car audio nut, Rockford Fosgate fanatic, or a collector of old school classic gear, we know your mouth is watering!  We are selling this with no reserve!  Don't pass up this opportunity to purchase this amplifier at an incredible price!  Your friends will surely be jealous! 

brand new rockford punch 60ix from 1995 -- posted image.

well, i remember those days, and they are good amps... but that made me LMAO. my mouth is sure watering right now brand new rockford punch 60ix from 1995 -- posted image.

anyways, that price + shipping is more then i would pay for it, but its not my money. with all the new technology in the amps nowadays thats more for nostalgic purposes if you ask me. i dont see any bragging rights, or a purpose to keep it as a collector item. if your not gonna use it, save your money. if you are gonna use it, buy a new one and save some green. 5 days left and 15 or so bids already, the price is gonna keep getting higher. but thats just my opinion seeing how there are 15 bids already i may be the one who isnt think straight  lol

eminem2pac420 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  

Well, it's not for competition or anything.  I'm most likely to keep the 60ix the way it is now.  It's just that for a project car, it would be nice.  (something classy, not loud).  I guess I have money to waste right now, but it's more of an investment.  Or do you guys think it's not even worth it?  I'm not tooo familiar with stuff this old school, but I know that Rockford used to be really good.  These amps are like half the size amps are today. 

Please... the more replies the better.  I am on a deadline lol......

thanks again.

p.s. does anybody know how much this was msrp?

MikesMarine 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
eminem2pac420 wrote:

Or do you guys think it's not even worth it? 

thats what I think.

hell, i can remember an msrp from that long ago  lol

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, that was a good idea bringing this to the attention of "old school" car audio fanatics around the world!!  LOL  At this point you might just want to sit back and watch what happens over the next 5 days....

I know that back in the early days of Ebay when I actually shopped on it, whenever I would see something that I just had to have, I would hope and wish that nobody else saw it.  In this auction, there is at least one overzealous bidder (see which one I'm talking about?) whom I would not trust to keep a level head in this bidding war.  This little amp will sell at a high price.  You will have to have a special use for this amp above and beyond what you've indicated in your post, IMO, to justify bidding high enough to win it.

This should be interesting...

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
eminem2pac420 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  

ok, stevdart.  thanks for your input.  do you know how much power these things push in reality?  They were the "cheater" amps right?  I heard they pushed 240W, but under what conditions?  also do you know anything about the 40ix?

thanks

eminem2pac420 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I guess my earlier post was deleted cause they thought it was a buy and sell post.  Well, right now theres this really awesome deal on ebay for a brand new 60ix amp (OLD SCHOOL!!), and I wanted to know what you guys thought about it.  Does anybody remember the msrp and the "real" power ratings?  Damn, these are way better than some of the amps today!
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
eminem2pac420 wrote:
Damn, these are way better than some of the amps today!
Is it one of those weird looking upsidedown 'w' shaped amps that looks like it belongs on the bridge of a Klingon Battle Cruiser instead of a car?
...Seriously RF never had two ounces of style but always did bring two tons of power to the party...   I betcha it'd make its rated power with room to spare.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
MSRP was around $350-$400 i believe, they would put out about 300 watts RMS. I love the old Rockford amps. Not the greatest amps, but i grew up on Rockford. Ah, the good ol' days.
Jazzy
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

brand new rockford punch 60ix from 1995 -- posted image.

Here is a pic from that original post of this amp.  There is also a pic of the birth certificate, which is detailed enough when enlarged to read the print.  punch60ixnewbirthcert8du.jpg

It shows actual output wattage at 139 watts/channel...but note that this measurement was made with 14.1 volts and a 2 ohm load.  I'm not an "old school" fanatic because I didn't have an amp 10 years ago...so maybe I'm missing out.  I really wouldn't think this amp will be the powerhouse you hope it will be, from the looks of things.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic