icon

brand new rockford punch 60ix from 1995

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eminem2pac420 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for that pic of the birth certificate.  I was trying to view it on the ebay page, but I couldn't get the blow up of it.  damn, is that a totally flat response, or am I just tripping?  And for the brand new 60ix, it'll be crazy to open that man.  I was going to keep that the way it is.  This whole auction makes me think, maybe I can get the 100, or 200 and use them as "cheater" amps in a contest.  If they allow it, it has a pretty good chance of winning.  lol. 

thanks for all the help

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Those pics are all high resolution, condensed to fit the page.  Here's what I did:  right-click on an image and select "save picture as...".  Then save to your pictures folder.  When you open it for view it will be full size.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen 10 kilo buck HOME amplifiers that didn't have a frequency response that flat... Rockford was the ORIGINAL stretcher of truths, and the "Birth Certificate" was a waste of paper. There is NO WAY on God's green earth any amplifier will have a response that flat into a complex load like a loudspeaker. A 2 ohm 500 watt carbon-pile (non-inductive) RESISTOR? Maybe, but still not terribly likely.
Ah, yes... to be back in the bay, installing those turds. Just so I can have the guy come back in a month, cause it BLEW UP! $47.50 R&R please! Take the early on advice of this thread, and pass on it. If it blows up, you are OUT the money. No way RF will repair it under any kind of warranty, if they still repair those at all any more.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
haemph wrote:
NO WAY on God's green earth any amplifier will have a response that flat into a complex load like a loudspeaker. A 2 ohm 500 watt carbon-pile (non-inductive) RESISTOR?
Wha..huh? ....
haemph, you are seriously the coolest guy here. brand new rockford punch 60ix from 1995 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Hmm...
The rest of you are pretty aight too.
.... oha yea...Happy Thanksgiving guys...!
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
eminem2pac420 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
yea, i didn't think that the amps response was a totally flat response either.  If it was that good, then all amps today would be that flat too.  I don't think I'm going to blow up the amp either.  Most amps break because of stupid people using them. 
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

if you keep that or any of fosgates old skool stuff at factory specs it will never pop. you can go out side of the box to and just keep it cool. i still have my first punch 45hd and it still works great. (13 years old) .i grew up with these amps from the 90's up to 2000 when they really fell off. i will not recomend any of there new stuff. it's all s*$#. but there old skool where very well made. i personaly choose to have the hole hd and power series and the hole line of trans ana and dsm, and the big stuff from the a2 series. i believe its just a part of great car audio when they where serious about making stuff that lasted.

some of these post are diffently right though you will probably pay well over what you can get back on that amp because of the oversealous bidder.hold out there will be plent more during a slower season and most likly will get the same amp for half of what you would pay now. i to have learned the hard way on ebay. patience grasshopper will be your best bet here.

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
eminem2pac420 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

yea, i know.  rockford sucks ASS now.  so, u don't think it's worth it huh?  but, how often does a BRAND NEW amp like this come around? 

ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
rockford has their aniversary amps out... i have a couple in.
Eye am so re todd did.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
i ve seen plenty of old skool brand new in the bow of all models all the time. "pondperfect"has alot of new stuff new and in good condition. you will just have to keep on looking but rest asure that there will be more. i'm certain of that its just timing, thats all. good luck
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
eminem2pac420 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  

r u for real fingaz?  I'm gonna try and search him up right now. 

thanks

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic