icon

Pioneer AVIC N2, 7500 or Alpine D-310?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Sup everyone, need some opinions on these in dash TV's. I was curious to what everyones opinions on these In Dash Tv's is. I have a 2001 Silverado Ext Cab and am looking to add a tv to it. I was told I could have a eclipse DD mounted but really dont wanna go through the trouble of makin a DD outta my din and 1/2 and it would be $2300 ish. How does Pioneers Navigation compare to Alpines? Do they both have points of interest? Whats more accurate? Also does Alpine Navi offer XM Traffic? I was looking at getting the AVIC N2 and doing the mod, but I really like the Alpine Pulsetouch screen. How do they read MP3's? I have a Pioneer 740 and it takes 5-10 seconds to read my MP3 CD's and kinda sucks. What screens are clearer, and what has better sound quality and options? Pics of units installed would be awesome too!  Thx!
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  

Depends what your looking for really.  The 7600/7500DVD sounds far better than the other two and is a 7" screen, but has no nav.  The pulsetouch is cool, mostly for when you watch DVDs.  The N2 is nice because it has nav and vehicle dynamics and you can add navtraffic.  As for the actual nav, the alpine and pioneer both have similar numbers of POI and the newest Alpine nav (shipping now I think) can do NavTraffic like the Pioneer.  Pioneer menu organization of POI is better and the mapping looks better on screen (when compared to last years Alpine, haven't seen this years.)  Accuracy will be similar if installed properly.  As for MP3s, the 740 is three generations ago and they have improved each year so I wouldn't worry about it

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
whtcrxghst wrote:

Depends what your looking for really.  The 7600/7500DVD sounds far better than the other two and is a 7" screen, but has no nav.  The pulsetouch is cool, mostly for when you watch DVDs.  The N2 is nice because it has nav and vehicle dynamics and you can add navtraffic.  As for the actual nav, the alpine and pioneer both have similar numbers of POI and the newest Alpine nav (shipping now I think) can do NavTraffic like the Pioneer.  Pioneer menu organization of POI is better and the mapping looks better on screen (when compared to last years Alpine, haven't seen this years.)  Accuracy will be similar if installed properly.  As for MP3s, the 740 is three generations ago and they have improved each year so I wouldn't worry about it

Im lookin for a reliable motored deck that has a good picture and good sound quality. I like the idea of navigation also. If I got a alpine I would add it later, but the AVIC N-2 has it built in so thats kinda cool.I dont have a crazy system just 2-10's for now, will do my components later. Just thought ones navi might be better than the other! I played with the AVIC N-1 like a year ago and looked like the Navigation was pretty good. Does the AVIC N-2 have a face screen when u close the monitor?

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, it does have a display when the screen is closed. 

Slammed01 wrote:
whtcrxghst wrote:

Im lookin for a reliable motored deck that has a good picture and good sound quality. I like the idea of navigation also. If I got a alpine I would add it later, but the AVIC N-2 has it built in so thats kinda cool.I dont have a crazy system just 2-10's for now, will do my components later. Just thought ones navi might be better than the other! I played with the AVIC N-1 like a year ago and looked like the Navigation was pretty good. Does the AVIC N-2 have a face screen when u close the monitor?

grandcherokee01 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Slammed01,

I have had both the AVIC N1 and N2.  I love both units and I have hooked up 2 headrest monitors and all the accessories for the N2 and it is absolutely amazing.  Great picture quailty and it powers my system wonderfully.  It also has an amazing interface for subwoofer and external amp control

Any questions p_gcustomerservice@yahoo.com

Rick

Jeep Grand Cherokee '01
Infinity Gold System
Pioneer AVIC-N2 w/ rear view camera and iPod Adapter
2 8x10 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 5x7 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 JL 10 W7's, 500\1 Mono AMPS
5 Farad C
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

i have heard a lot of good about the N2's..i heard that the new 872a navi for alpine is best out right now.. i plan on getting it for my d-310 here in a cpl weeks.

SSounds
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I went and saw a N-2 in a store personally yesterday, but I didn't seen the Nav part. I did see Troy and the screen looked pretty good. I saw a N-1 like a year ago, and the nav looked good with alot of functions so Im sure the N-2 is even better. They didn't have a Alpine 310 in on display tho. $2000 for a N-2 before $300 rebates or $1300 for the D-310.
grandcherokee01 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

You can find the N2 much cheaper on eBay.

Rick

Jeep Grand Cherokee '01
Infinity Gold System
5 Farad C
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
grandcherokee01 wrote:

You can find the N2 much cheaper on eBay.

Rick

Yes, I know but then there is no warranty....so I figure its worth the extra $600 or so. Any pics of your AVIC-N2 navigation screen? Also, if I have some music videos in MPEG VCD format how would I burn them to get them to play on a in-dash? Thnx!

grandcherokee01 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, well here is the deal with the warranty.  Yes true you don't get one online but some of the places online will give you one through them.  The other thing is that if you are going to mod your unit to allow you GPS and DVD functions while driving you end up voiding the warranty anyway.  All you have to do with those files is burn them to DVD format with a standard DVD burner and software.  I'll get some pics up by the end of the week for you.

Rick

Jeep Grand Cherokee '01
Infinity Gold System
5 Farad C
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic