icon

2006 mustang remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
My sister just got a new mustang and i was planning on getting her a remote start for christmas.  in doing a little research, it appears that the car will need a security bypass.  i plan on installing either the dei 791xv or 560xv.  does anyone know if i the dei 556SW or 555U the only options i have?  when installing a remote start in my 01 f150, i enjoyed using the 555f, which doesnt require placing a key inside the car.  Also, any unique tips i need for doing this on a new mustang (its automatic)?  it appears pretty straight forward, but i have been out of the industry for about 4 years and dont want to make any easily-avoidable mistakes.  Thanks in advance!
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
If they're anything like the 05's then you're going to be running wires all over the car.  Sorry haven't dealt with an 06 yet so can't really help you with that one.  It is a ford product so most likely it will be pretty involved.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

I like using the OMEGA:

2006 mustang remote start -- posted image.2006 mustang remote start -- posted image.Ford/Mazda Transponder Bypass: PATS 3 Encrypted Key (IB-UF2)

2006 mustang remote start -- posted image.

The Mustang isn't that hard........

I have worked on worse..........

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

the only thing you have to worry about is the doorpin wires, they are positive trigger and you have to get each door seperatly or the alarm will false trigger and you will be turning your alarm off every 20 minutes

the driver doorpin wire you can get in the big harness above the gas pedal, it is lt.GREEN/ black

the passenger doorpin wire, you can get it where the wires come into the car from the door above the SJB, the color is yellow/lt.green

I have the same car and I have a compustar alarm/remote starter in it

crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, i've been reading about a number of folks that have trouble with the door trigger.  DEI recommends that you take the domelight, but this is no good, even if you take it at the overhead light?  And if you take the doorpins, is it necessary to diode isolate them?

Also, on a buddy's 05 model, i noticed the iginition harness has quite small gauge wires for the 12v source, the ignition, the starter, etc.  Are these adequate for the remote start?  i assume they run another relay somewhere else in the car.

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

you have to get the doorpins seperate or your alarm will be going off every half an hour, my last post in this thread tells you where to get them

as for the constant and ignition power, they are small gauge but they are fine to use

jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
 The guys are right  the only problem with this car is the door pins, the BCM do a shut down on the door pins after 20 to 30 minutes to make sure a door is not left open  to save the battery  doing this the BCM ground the door pin trigging the alarm if you are hook up to it directly.
cocolaboy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic