what remote starter for Chevy 2005 3/4 HD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flykelley 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys

I got a 2005 Chevy 3/4 HD and want a remote starter. I am in Michigan north of Detroit. What brands do you suggest? I have power locks and keyless enrty from the factory. I am looking for a long range starter that will work through cement block and steel at abour 700 ft. Most of the one's I have seen say they work up to 1000 ft. The two that I have owned didn't work close to that number even on a flat open parking lot, maybe 500 ft at best. I was quoted a price of $450.00 installed with a security system, the security system I can live without but I do want starter conformation. I also do not want a large remote, would like to keep it to the size of the remote from the factory.

Thanks Mike

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

I can't complain about DEI systems.  The only time you might run into a range problem with one of them is if the installer bundles up the excess antenna cable.  I put these things in all the time and customers are always amazed when I start their car standing about 500 feet from the shop with the bay doors closed.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Check the OMEGA Line or MICRO........
OMEGA has 2 New ones that DO NOT have LCD, but have 2 Way Confirmation & other stuff ...........
MARS 22 & MARS 33 with MARS - 03 Upgrade on either
Also, all conditions for Remote Start are different.......A Remotes Start on one persons Vehicle in the same building may NOT work on a different Vehicle in the same building..............
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
cloneman315 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
if u want the best out there and especially for range check out the 900 mhz or 2wss from compustar,nothing compares to them
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  

cloneman315 wrote:
if u want the best out there and especially for range check out the 900 mhz or 2wss from compustar,nothing compares to them

I have never understood why range ( like a mile or so ) could ever be an issue.....my goodness. If you cannot see the vehicle, why would you need to start it?

Buy your batteries at Costco......

flykelley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

cloneman315 wrote:

I have never understood why range ( like a mile or so ) could ever be an issue.....my goodness. If you cannot see the vehicle, why would you need to start it?

Buy your batteries at Costco......

Because I work in a building without windows, can't see my truck from where I work. I like a warm truck at 2am,and I work about 300 ft inside the building. Thats why you need a remote starter that has a good 1000 ft range, which means you will need one that claims it good from 3000 ft.

Regards Mike

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

look for a good LCD 2 way unit from either Directed (Clifford, Viper, etc) Astro or Compu... these are the 3 best and most reliable units out there... do your own research and chose the model you feel best suits your needs.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
flykelley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

look for a good LCD 2 way unit from either Directed (Clifford, Viper, etc) Astro or Compu... these are the 3 best and most reliable units out there... do your own research and chose the model you feel best suits your needs.....

Hi Guys I had a guy quote me a price on a Code Alarm remote starter with alarm,$450.00. The compu was quoted at $625.00 any thoughts on the code alarm? They claime this code alarm is the same as the compustar,Im having a hard time beliving that. Anyone have any  dealings with a code alarm?

Regards Mike

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
i refuse to allow the product in the building and i used to be a code alarm dealer.... i havent dealt with them since they were bought by Audiovox, but the older Code product was absolute trash.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
cloneman315 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
code alarms suck, buy the compustar and be done with it
Page of 2