icon

97 Tahoe, Autopage RS-85 alarm/rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LooneyG 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a 97 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD 4 Door that i just installed a Autopage RS-855 everything seems to be working great now i need to get some info on what Colors go to what (See Picture) and where the wires are located at to make the connections for my Window Roll Up Module that i just got i attached a Image of the installation instructions so once again any help will be greatly appreciated
97 Tahoe, Autopage RS-85 alarm/rs -- posted image.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit

Window UpDriverF\ D BLUE
PassF\ L BLUE
DriverR\ D GREEN
PassR\ L GREEN
@ MAIN SWITCH
Window DownDriverF/ BROWN
PassF/ TAN
DriverR/ PURPLE
PassR/ PURPLE

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your response mo12v, do you know if i have to make the connections at the Actual switch and on the actual motors as it says on the Diagram or is there any other way to make the connections (Driver Side Kick Panel etc.) ???
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
You'll have to make you connections in the drivers door for at least the drivers window.  You MIGHT be able to pick the other windows up in the drivers kick, I stress the word might  since I haven't played with one of those trucks in a couple years.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
cntrylvr79 wrote:
You'll have to make you connections in the drivers door for at least the drivers window.  You MIGHT be able to pick the other windows up in the drivers kick, I stress the word might  since I haven't played with one of those trucks in a couple years.
Thank You
LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
I've got a question for you guys about a Remote Starter/Alarm Install Unit Autopage RS-855 that i just installed in my 1997 Chevy Tahoe 4DR LT Series, everything was working fine until this morning when the outside temperature was 9 Degrees it ended up not starting on the first crank and it had to double crank to start, i have the tach wire hooked up which i got directly from the coil which i metered with a VM at AC and got about 4+ volt reading, it started fine when the temp was around 50 Degrees and kept running just like it
was supposed, is there any way that it could be a problem that i did the programming after the truck had been started several times should i try to program it during a cold morning ???
If you guys have any ideas let me know. Thanks
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
you may just have to increase the crank time slightly... it likely isnt a tach issue at all......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:
you may just have to increase the crank time slightly... it likely isnt a tach issue at all......
Thanks for the repsonse, the only problem with increasing the crank time is that this morning it sound like the second time it overcranked 97 Tahoe, Autopage RS-85 alarm/rs -- posted image.
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Try letting the vehicle run for a while before you program the tach, so the vehicle is at running temp. Sounds like the truck might be giving it a weak signal upon programming. Also, make sure your getting the right wire. I had this problem before and it was the wrong tach. Where did you get the tach signal?
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
GEEQUE wrote:
Try letting the vehicle run for a while before you program the tach, so the vehicle is at running temp. Sounds like the truck might be giving it a weak signal upon programming. Also, make sure your getting the right wire. I had this problem before and it was the wrong tach. Where did you get the tach signal?
Right at the ECM Module on the passenger side rear of the motor, there was three wire in a pliug and i tapped into the white wire didn't get any reading when first connected with the Truck off and when i turned on the truck it went to around 6 or so then down to 4+ something measurments taken in AC Voltage with a Multimeter.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic