icon

05 Cobalt remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JAFO2RHh 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
I did a rs in a 6 speed Cobalt (no factory alarm) using a CrimeGuard 850i4e, which is setup to do manual transmission vehicles, with an IBPLXR from Omega for the passlock bypass. The customer says that in the morning when he starts the car it will shut down a couple of minutes later. He'll then go out and do the remote start preactivation sequence, which is to start the car with the key, press the remote start buttons (lock/unlock together), turn the ignition off, get's out of the car and arm the alarm which shuts the car off. He then remote starts the car and it will run through the set time limit for the rest of the day every time he uses it. I've tried a different IBPLXR, and I've used relays and resistors thinking it might be a passlock issue, but that hasn't helped. I've also run power for the unit straight from the battery as suggested by Omega tech support, but that doesn't fix the problem either. Right now I have no idea how to fix this, or what's causing it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this kind of problem.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

What are you using for TACH??

Also, is the Customer letting it cycle thru when he Remote Starts...BEFORE he goes out & does the Preactivation??
If you haven't got it figured by Monday.........Call OMEGA Tech & talk to Forrest or John........

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
JAFO2RHh 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Tach signal at the PCM, don't remember the color off the top of my head, I believe it was purple, just not sure.
As for letting it run through it's cycle, he say's it only runs for a few minutes and then he get's the signal from the pager that the car has shut down. My biggest problem is that he can't get the car to the shop while Omega is still open, so any tech support I get is without the car there, which makes it a big pain. I would love to talk to Forrest, however I usually get someone else that calls back. I've tried to request him but it ususally doesn't work out that way.
joebiv318 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
I see it says its running for a few minutes, could this be more like less than a minute?  My wifes car (02 Mazda Protege) shuts down soon after remote start.  I figured the problem is the over rev on the tach. setting.  I can fix this by reprograming the tach. learn and just reving the motor ever so lightly.  What happens is (during remote start)when its really cold the car starts and just like moments later revs up slightly (kind of like a choke) and the car shuts off.  So every year I have tho relearn the tach.  Don't know if that helps?
Owner/ Custom Compact Performance
Treo,Cadence,ARC Audio
Critical Mass/Icon TV
Panasonic,Compustar,Scosche

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic