icon

Eclipse component speaker impression

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
that's it dyohn, they are going to sell like mad. everything you reccomend sells - your like operah lol.
What made you switch out your seas?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

The Tang Bands are great little woofers for people like me who want good overall frequency response and low-end reinforcement, but not for someone who wants the typical "boom" sound.  For that, nothing replaces large diaphrams, large enclosures and high power.

New car.  The Seas Lotus set is in a different car.

Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn, did you install port tubes in the rear doors?  And when you said you defeated the pads in the tweeters, was that by setting the jumper to +3 or something different?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I estimated the volume inside the door at 2.75 cuft and ported with a 3" flared port tube 3.75" long.  The OEM crossovers have a built-in L-pad and a "defeat" switch.  I tuned by ear and decided the tweets did not need attenuation.  I may decide later that they do.
Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

Good to hear that you are that impressed David, I have used the various incarnations of these speakers for years. They are a set of Vifa speakers in disguise for those that did not know. That chrome flame blue led grill that you wanted is in the mail to you....expect it next week.

Now about ESN......your complaining because the unit did it's job? Next time remember to have no cd in the unit or have the correct key cd in the unit before you unplug the power from it...... I get about 2 people a week that this has happened to, in some cases it is the same people over and over and over again.  Yes they know all about ESN but what can you do about stupidity, it seems to come to some people naturally. I think that you just forgot about how particular it really is. If you remove power to the unit in any way and there is a cd  in the unit, it will automatically source that cd 5 times until the unit locks up due to the wrong cd being inserted. This is the root cause of more people coming in the door from the car dealers no matter how many times I tell the service guys what they need to do. Jeepers.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DYohn 
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Ah, thanks for the info, Rob.  The woofers DO look a lot like Vifa PL18W woofers.  Interesting! 

FWIW, the ESN in my HU is activated.  And I also have an alarm.

Support the12volt.com
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
SC8362 components

are these last years model components or the new ones? im really not too fond of their new set as the highs are too much with the metal dome tweeter they are using. im eventually switching back to the 6 1/2 set that i had in my last car and selling the new style 5 1/4 set i have in there now. id rather the sound of the soft dome since it adds more warmth. well, least it does to me. oh yeah, and welcome to the eclipse junky club. :)

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic