Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sunsettt 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

Hi every one!

Finally I got It work! but two thing my wife not happy about are:

1. Went the remote starter start the engine the security system of my Van is go off, keep beepping while it running.

2. When remote starter start the engine my original remote of Toyota  doesn't work at all, unlock, lock and power sliding door.

So, any how I can make those two working in proper way, I know that we have to give out signal to the security system to turn it off some how. Any suggestion would help will be perfect. Thanks all!

Sunset

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
use a ground out to the keysense wire. this will prevent the alarm from going off.
there's no way to make the factory remote work when the engine is running.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged  

blue/white is lock

blue / YELLOW is unlock  and maybe a wire for the child safety lock(diode isolate)

you must have doorlock outputs from the remote starter , use those

testing these wires can only be done by inserting the key in the driver door and turning

Testing is the key
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Extreme is accurate, keysense will shut the alarm off before starting and there's no way to cure the second problem...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
sunsettt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all info! But here is the another question I'm just thinking about: If we connect the groud to the key sense to prevent the alarm going off, so that mean the thieft is doing the same way to by pass the security system? Is that simple? I had talking about this problem with my other friends and they thinking about to connect those two wire of the key sense at the harness and the engine will start with out the original key....is that can happen? Thanks for all agian!

sunset

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Well....yes. First, you understand we don't mean ground the keysense permanently, right? Just a pulse before start to turn it off. Yes a thief could do that, then hotwire the car.First tho, he would have to find a way into the car without setting it off. He could break glass to do that. Heck, look at Nissan. They don't even require the keysense, they just turn off the factory alarm after the ignition sees power....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
sunsettt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Well... If we just need to send the ground pulse to keysense to bypassing the system so why we don't take (-) pulse off from the alarm or remote starter ( or we can make it go though the relay)  to bypass it, instead of spending more $50 dollars to by the bypass the security system Mike? or is it the way they making money with? Thanks for sharing....good stuff!

Sunset

sunsettt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hi every one!

Sorry to bugging everyone again!. I came here with another problem and I hope some one can help me again, I would like to speacial thanks for all of suggestion. About the remote starter, when I using the remote start to lock the door and arm the security system, which wire do I have tight in to let the security turn on as well ( which wires and where it locate?) cause right now I just tight up with the door motor from the passenger side ( because it need only one pulse to unlock all door) so when we close the door and press an lock on remote starter it will lock but it not arm the security on. It only arm the system when we press the lock button first and then close the door.

Thanks all,

Sunset

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the pulse form your remote start won't work. The keysense needs to see a ground the entire time it is remote started, not just a pulse before it. I'm not familiar with that Toyda bypass, but it should be for bypassing the imobilizer key. You should have a fat toyaota key with a plastic head that's black. If you have any keys that start your van that are all metal, you don't need a bypass. The keysense hookup is for your factory alarm, which is not the same as the imobilizer key. As for the factory alarm not arming, you need to add a pulse to the blue/white in the passeengers kickpanel. It will also lock the doors.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
sunsettt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks you very much for fast reply, This's a greatest forum in my opinion!  So, if I going to add a (-) pulse to the horn to horn it when it lock so do I need a relay to do that or it will be ok when using (-) pulse for both. Thanks again your usefull input Mike.

Sunsettt

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic