icon

Remote Bass Knob Brands, Wiring Info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, My vehicle was recently broken inito and the thefts stole my Rockford Fosgate setup, and I am debating what amplifier to put in now and which sub also, but that is a different story... The remote boost from my Rockford is still in tact, and wired to a spot where i like it. I do not want to get another rockford amp. I am wondering if these knobs work with Infinity, Or Pheonix Gold xenon 600 Amplifiers, it looks like they have the same type of phone cord connections. I need a amp with atleast 18db gains, for casual listening, or when I just want to BANG some bass out. I have been looking in the 600 RMS range from infinity, and the pheonix gold, and I was just wondering if anyone knew about the compatability of the remote bass knobs. Any input is valuble. Thanks.
Also if anyone knows it wouuuld work, but i would just need to cross some of the wires within the cable. thanks.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

My thoughts on this, based on nothing but speculation...

The bass remote is not a gain control but a potentiometer.  It will reduce the input to that frequency range but not increase it.  I can't see how using one over another will do any harm, so I would say it's worth a shot to try it.  Worst case scenario that I can envision is that is just doesn't work, so then you'd have to install the one that comes with the new amp.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
I actually have heard and seen diffrent,    I had a friend who had a bass control for an older kicker amp, he installed a newer crossfire and and attempted to use the existing bass knob,   he turnd it up past half way and the amp started smoking....when I talked to kicker, and crossfire....they both told me they had diffrent adjustment levels, I.E diffrent resistance pot's
I wouldnt recommend it,    spend he $10 and get the proper one for the amp
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
The Rockford Fosgate remote bass control is actually just a bass boost control dialed in at 45 hz or so. The Infinity's control is like a remote gain control. Don't use one brand's remote with another brand of amp. Something like described above could happen
I know that Infinity and Phoenix Gold make a remote gain control. Just buy the remote gain control that is the same brand of your amp and you should be good.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, was planning on it, just thought id check input, thanks alot guys. you guys have any thoughts of infinity or phoenix gold amps?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
customcutlass92 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

My own experience, my Lightning (Rockford) bass control did not work with my new PG amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic