the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Prostart ct-3400 Computer Blew Up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, sounds like improper installation. You did solder those high current lines I hope.....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
comet240 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

well i dunno why would it go after week not first day?

well no i didnt solder the wires going into  ingition, starter, acc 1 and 2,  no way u can do it  but i did what they say  in other installs  open up the wire make a hole  then shove the wire in  wrap it around  and then zip tie  and tape it off,  so its all tight,  cuz  it started it up  for entire week  no problems 

i followed the instructions even changed the jumper from starter to access 2  cuz i used the relay on the starter and not the accessory 

so what other ideas u got?

comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

i also never pujt no diode in after the relay to the white whire  (when running ground)  since it was only  relay on that wire

so i kinda lost 

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Bad ground perhaps, your wiring on the high current lines should be soldered. You are creating all sorts of possible issues by not having a solid connection on the high current lines. The poke push and twist routine that some people do create business for installers like me. Do it properly and yes they can be soldered. I have yet to come across a vehicle than cannot be. Where in Canada are you?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
where would be a bad ground?  i have only 1 ground wire for the unit and i put it to a bolt screw that holds the fuse box for the car in place, i crimped it on with a loop connector.  and  i dunno its a bitch to lay upside down and try to get a solder gun up in  the steering coloumn to get at the 4 wires  since its a bloody lumina car lol  crap nothing but problems  haha  cant even get a tach wire for it so i had to use injector wire.   so the push and twist is no good?  i solderd all the other wires,  cuz i always solder  just i had troubles reaching at it as is  cuz cuz even get wire strippers in there had bitch time with an exctao knife to cut away the wire.  Im in ontario  near peterborough
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

so then the wires from the module to the relays and igniton and access wires dont have to be fused?  doesnt matter then either,  so  bad ground u think hmm,  i dunno  i figured if i did something bad it have happened in the first 20 starts i did with the remote 

hmmmm 

comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
did  u do push and twist  then solder cuz there is no way u can just strip the wire and solder,  it  thats no possible  how is ur trick of doing it???  for the one i had to use needle nose plyers to push the wire in to get access to the wire
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
i was thinking i never added a Diode  since i was only using  1 relay    would it have fed back up the grounding while running  and fried the computer  what size of diode do i need 
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

hi  last posts getting to long,  I was wondering i never put a diode on the ground while running wire,  could it have back feeded and burned out the computer?   its only one relay   but never put one on there,  2nd  what size do i need?

comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
hi i like to know what kind of diode or size etc  i need for the CT-3400  remote start
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic