icon

compustar automatic still needs reserv?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
irfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
i cut the jumper wire in my compustar 2w900fm-as to put it into automatic mode.. but the car still needs to be set into reservation mode for some reason?
if i let it go to reservation mode the car will then remote start but if i dont, i get the 7 blink error (not in reserv mode).
shouldnt i be able to auto start my car at any time if its in automatic mode? did i miss a wire that i need? does the tranny wire NEED to be connected for it to see its in auto mode? i thought cutting the jumper was enough.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
did you hook up the e-brake wire from the brain, cause that will cause it not to go into reservation mode
irfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
yes the ebrake is connected.. the thing WILL go into reservation mode.. but i set it to auto-mode by cutting the jumper to specifically not have to go into reservation mode. iv eheard that having it in automode will let me open the door to get something out of the car, and then still be able to remotestart the car at a later time.
its installed in a manual tranny car and 100% i leave it in neutral... and i will wire a relay from the neutral switch to the starter anyways... im tryin to avoid the hassle of reservation mode altogether but for some reason it wotn work without it
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

i have the compustar in a manual 05 mustang and I don't know about you but I find the setting of the reservation mode to be very easy, it doesn't take anytime at all to do

just out of curiousity why wouldn't you want to have it go into reservation mode, you will have the extra security of not letting it start in gear

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
you need to remove the parkbrake wire or turn on turbo timer mode.
with the jumper cut, you shouldn't have the parkbrake wire hooked up and if it's just a starter, not an alarm/starter, you should also not have the door input or trunk input hooked up.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
You may need to remove power from the unit after cutting the jumper for it to recognize the change.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Shaughn nailed it. Disconnect the park brake wire as well as any other input triggers (save for the hoodpin) if it is a RS only.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
irfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks i'll get rid of the e-brake wire and try it out.
05gt: i know its easy to set the reservation mode, i used the system like that for a while.. however pretty often i have to go grab something from my car, which cancels reservation mode. if this happens to be at 11PM id have to start the car and wait for it to warm up then set reservation mode and turn the car off... all so i could start the car in the morning. very annoying. my solution to the safety issue is to set it to automode and then set a relay inline from the starter wire so that it only passes the signal if the car is in neutral.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
irfan wrote:
my solution to the safety issue is to set it to automode and then set a relay inline from the starter wire so that it only passes the signal if the car is in neutral.
How is it going to know if it is in neutral? What kind of car is this in?
irfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
its a mazda rx8 and it has a neutral wire coming from the transmission...
so, bobk, as i stated before i am bypassing the alarms safety but ADDING my own safety which i feel will be more effective since it would let me start the car without reservation mode and allow me to open/close doors... yet still provide me with the neutral safety that reservation mode is supposed to. tell me what the problem is?
extreme/jworm/forbidden: thanks for the help so far... but...i cut the parking brake wire and i unplugged the unit for 30 minutes... tried it out.. still get the 7 flashes aka reservation mode not set. i will also use this as my alarm so i still want the door triggers attached.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic