icon

service light on, 99 Suburban, viper 560

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpedprobegt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Check your tach signal wire and make sure it is not touching any metal or another wire in the coil harness.  The code it is throwing has to do with the ignition module (Coil) or misfire (coil pack).  This would be directly linked to the tach source you are using.  I always use the white eire found at the coil on the passenger side of the engine near the air cleaner.  There are three wires in the harness iirc, use the white one.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

wher did you get you tach signal from? at the cluster or did you go under the hodd and get it from the coil? if so i would check the harness and connections, the computer monitors misfires via knock sensor. what is the # of the code? and you say there is no shaking or lose of any power from the motor that you can tell?

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
gpgt97 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I grabbed the tach wire from the black plug labeled white on the drivers side fender. It was a white wire. The code is (P1345)----"factory ignition module and or misfire". It runs fine, no shaking or loss of power. Everything seems fine except for the SES light. Should i try to tap into the tach at another location?
pimpedprobegt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
I would tap into the coil harness itself.  there are three wires.  One white, one WHITE/ black, and one pink.  tap the white wire and see what happens.  the coil is on the passenger side of the motor, right below the air cleaner above the walve cover.  Be careful because there is a sensor harness right next to it.  Just look for the coil plug wire running to the disty and trace that to the coil.  You should see the harness on the top front (toward the front of the vehicle).
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic