icon

00 bravada door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

Looking for the door lock wires. I know there positive, and I know the colors, but I don't see them, I tried to follow the door boot, but it is too covered with the hood release shroud. Also is there an easier location for the trunk rather than  the button next to the radio. Also I am hooking up a passlock 2 bypass kit, and normally the data wire you hook is yellow near the key cylinder, I don't see a yellow one on this bravada. Any one have any more detailed information. im using 2 different wire charts.

And yes Im using my meter to try to find these wires..

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Look up under dash, to the left of Steering Column
Should be a Black box with about 60 wires.  ( Closer to Kick Panel then Column )
The White wire & the Light Blue wire are towards the left of center.
Some models had the Hatch release in there also, but I always go to the switch.  It just pops out of dash & it is a Black wire next to another black wire...Negative Pulse
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

awesome, you were right on, now a challenge, how about the data wire that you connect a bypass kit to? I could meter it, but what does this wire normally meter at?

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
violet wire at the OBD connector
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Dunno if it will work on a 2000 though.... my general experience on trying to get passlock to work on non Class2 vehicles through the OBD port has been aggrivating to say the least.
Gus
PS: Large white plug facing downward beside e-brake assembly. Just like an S series truck, if I remember correctly. There is a doubled up white and a doubled up blue..... doorlocks.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry, im looking for the passlock data wire, this is not a databus bypass kit.
I found the data wire, it was yellow right near the key, I cut the wire with the car on, and the security light came on, so i hooked the bypass kit up, and now the car remote starts fine, only problem is security light doesn't go out when I put the key in and put it in drive... Any ideas?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

sorry, by data wire i assumed you were using a data module...     i use the GMBP in many pre-class II platforms and they have always worked fine.....

did you use ground at the passlock ground reference wire?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Can I hook up a ground out while running to this wire or not?
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

Ok guys major problem with the vehicle.

I got the bypass hooked up and the remote start will work and then start the car, but then I will shut it down  and try to remote start it again, passlock light comes on and it won't start, I have to wait 10 minutes, reprogram the bypass kit and then it works fine again,

My second problem is the security light stays on after remote starting the vehicle, I can put it in drive and drive around, but the security light stays on, telling me (from the manual) that the passlock is not working (but still allowing me to use the car. )

If any one has any tips that would be appreciated. If not, will junk this bypass kit and try a gmbp.

My question is about the GMBP, what wires should I have to hook up for sure? Besides the data wire do I have to hook up a wire for the passlock ground?

northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

I was just thinking once again about the OEM not disarming, I didn't hook up the disarm wire on this vehicle. Im guessing I need too... Is there a way to test for a disarm wire, (IE multimeter).

I know on the bravada it says GREEN / WHITE in ignition wire harness, but is there a way to test?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic