icon

GMDL-BP arms and locks doors on shutdown

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skewdrv 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone had any issues with GMDL-BP on new Silverados and suvs? I have installed 3 this weekend on everyone of them if you shutdown with remote or disable with key & brake and turn the key off. It would lock the doors and arm the factory alarm even with key in switch!. Its not comming from the rs lock wires I clipped them. I can unplug the gmdl before turning off the key and it doesn't arm the alarm. So it must be the gmdl doing this. All of the modules are new one's dated 11/05 did they change something? I have never had any issues with them before. Is there any way of shutting this off. I tried grounding the alarm disable wire after shutdown but a few seconds later it turns around and rearms and locks
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

Are you using the ORANGE wire on the GMDL??

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
skewdrv 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
no, Im just using green,blue,brown,red,blk,purple but I unhooked the grn & blue to make sure the rs was not locking the doors
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

I have the same problem, isn't the orange wire for panic on the factory alarm system?

On the GMdl-bp the directions say not to hook up pink/wht and wht/pink unless using a combo alrm/rs

I just installed a Rs  and other than the locks locking after shut down, it works fine,I think this may be a programing issue in the   RS   am i right?

rfd
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
did you try hookiing up your fact. disarm to the PURPLE / white?
skewdrv 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have tried that too:( It waits about 10 secs after shutdown when the radio shuts down after that you see the sercurity light come on on the dash and and the doors lock.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Disarms when it sees the ground when running come on, and arms/locks when it sees ground when running go away with the ignition off. Pretty sure every data style doorlock bypass box behaves this way......
Gus
PS: GMDATAALL, 457G, also do this....
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
airandsound 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I thought that was normal,, didn't try it with the key in the switch though.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
The software in the GMDL-BP is designed to secure the vehicle after remote shut-down. It sends a data message to the vehicle to simulate opening the door to shut off the retained accessory power to the radio and to allow the factory alarm to arm. It also locks the doors to finish off the arm cycle for the factory alarm. Most of the newer data modules do this as default in their software. It can be annoying at times, but it is done to reduce the stupid human factor. This way you don't have to remember to lock your doors and your alarm will also arm automatically.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic