ProStart CT-3400TW, 2002 Toyota Corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tranz010 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Somebody please help!
I installed two-way Remote Starter ProStart CT-3400TW in my Toyota Corolla 2002.
When I start my car with the remote starter, the engine cranks and runs normally. However, when I press the brake, the engine turns off, the headlights and the heater are still on. They're only off when I disconnect the battery and the heater is on again if I reconnect the battery. I have to disconnect the remote module and use the car key instead.
Somebody please tell me what I did wrong.
Thanks in advance.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
not to make you sound stupid or anything but did you put the key in the key cylinder before depressing the brake
tranz010 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I'll try.
I don't feel that way at all! This is my first RS and I did it myself.
Thanks again.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Post your connetion.
Wiring from your two-way Remote Starter ProStart CT-3400TW to the wiring on your 2002 Corolla.
That way verifying your connection by a professional installer here on this site is probably the easiest and simplest to remedy the issue you have at hand.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.ProStart CT-3400TW, 2002 Toyota Corolla -- posted image.
tranz010 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks thepencil!
My lock and unlock don't work, the head light and heater still on even when the engine off.
Here is my connection:
-Both red wires from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the thick white wire in the main ignition harness.
-yellow wire from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the BLACK/ white wire in the main ignition harness.
-orange wire from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the blue/red wire in the main ignition harness.
-purple wire from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the red wire in the main ignition harness.
-green wire from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the BLACK / YELLOW wire in the main ignition harness.
-black wire from 5-Pin Secondary Harness of the ProStart to ground.
-purple wire from 5-Pin Secondary Harness of the ProStart to black wire of the fuel injector.
-grey wire from 5-Pin Secondary Harness of the ProStart to hood pin.
-orange wire from 5-Pin Secondary Harness of the ProStart to GREEN / WHITE at the brake pedal switch.
-yellow wire from 5-Pin Secondary Harness of the ProStart to green wire at the fusebox.
-both brown and WHITE/ brown wires from 12-Pin Accessories Harness of the ProStart to Blue/white wire in the 10-pin connector.
-both green and WHITE/ green wires from 12-Pin Accessories Harness of the ProStart to Blue / YELLOW wire in the 10-pin connector.
Please tell me what I did wrong.
Thanks.
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
tranz010 wrote:
-Both red wires from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the thick white wire in the main ignition harness.
There are two constant +12V, so look and test for it. It is also in the main harness may be (blue white). Connect the two red wire seperatly. One red from remote starter unit to the white wire, the other red one from the remoter starter unit to the (blue white or another +12v source).
tranz010 wrote:
-yellow wire from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the BLACK/ white wire in the main ignition harness.
-green wire from 6-Pin Main Ignition Harness of the ProStart to the BLACK / YELLOW wire in the main ignition harness.
Did you set the jumper on back of the remote starter unit to second ignition?
tranz010 wrote:
-the headlights and the heater are still on
What do you mean? I don't understand this part, so you have to explain this part in much greater details.
Do you mean the fan is still running and the parking light still stays on after you shut the car down?
Headlights are the bright lights in the front to help you see the road at night and parking lights are the amber / YELLOW one to the side.
tranz010 wrote:
-both brown and WHITE/ brown wires from 12-Pin Accessories Harness of the ProStart to Blue/white wire in the 10-pin connector.
-both green and WHITE/ green wires from 12-Pin Accessories Harness of the ProStart to Blue / YELLOW wire in the 10-pin connector.
Have you tested and make sure that the blue/white and blue / YELLOW are power lock wire on the vehicle? Otherwise the keyless will not work.
If you have not found the correct wire. They can be located here:
Power Lock blue/black   -   R side of fuse box, wht plug    
TOYOTA, COROLLA, 2002, Power Lock
The lock wires are about 18 gauge. They will test only by operating the key in the passenger door lock cylinder, not the rocker switch on the door itself.
Power Unlock GREEN / WHITE   -   R side of fuse box, wht plug
TOYOTA, COROLLA, 2002, Power Unlock
The lock wires are about 18 gauge. They will test only by operating the key in the passenger door lock cylinder, not the rocker switch on the door itself.
Everything seem to be correct so far. Seperate the two red and see if you get some improvement.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.ProStart CT-3400TW, 2002 Toyota Corolla -- posted image.
tranz010 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks thepencil,
I did seperate the two red but no improvement.
Yes, I did set the jumper on back of the remote starter unit to second ignition (in the middle)
I mean the headlights ( not parking light on the side) and the fan stay on after I shut off the car.
On the website http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT-3400TW_ig_en_h310s320v250_040908.pdf
it says:
"Headlights stay on after car shuts down by remote.
• Switch headlight switch from Auto to normal. (Toyotas)
• On some vehicles, opening a door will shut the head lights off. Pulse the drivers door pin with the Rearm wire." but I don't know how to Switch headlight switch from Auto to normal.Please tell me where I can find the headlight switch and how to switch.
Thanks.
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
"fan stay on after I shut off the car"
The ACCESSORY WIRE may not be disengaing. You may have a faulty brain.
What I want you to do is Meter the ORANGE WIRE on the remote starter unit. Red Probe to the Orange wire of the remote starter unit and Black Probe to the ground or body of the vehicle. Post your finding.
tranz010 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for late response!
"What I want you to do is Meter the ORANGE WIRE on the remote starter unit. Red Probe to the Orange wire of the remote starter unit and Black Probe to the ground or body of the vehicle. Post your finding."
Result: 0.00 V (both turn on and off the fan)
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
Is the remote starter unit reattach back when you are making the measurement? If it isn't, I am not getting the result I am looking for.
Reattach the remote starter unit back. The fan should be running. Correct? Now using the red probe meter all the wire on the remote starter main harness again. The two red, yellow, orange, purple. Something is powering the accessory wire otherwise the fan will not go on. Post your result.
BYW, the fan you are talking about is the one that blows hot air through the vents right?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic