icon

W3V2 With 1000/1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
My friend had three 12w3v2s in a spec-built sealed box in his durango powered off of, if I remember correctly, a fosgate 801s.  My brother has 2 12w3v2s in the jl H.O. powerwedge (the slot ported one, really nice sounding box actually) and I can tell you that the 2 in that ported box were substantially louder, oh and they were powered off of an even smaller 401s.  I actually just bought the 3 12w3s off of my friend along with another new from a different friend, working on getting them all to fit nicely into my new car.  I can tell you on the test runs wtih the three in that box and the fourth in just an old box that is like .5 cu ft. I could see the possibly getting decently into the 150s.  If ported very very well you might be able to get a very high 140 with just the three of them, possibly a 150 but I would be sorta surprised, I can tell you whatever the score if you are just looking for something that will hit "insanely loud" as you stated I can tell you you wont be dissapointed.  My money would be on the w3s over the w6s (never been much of a w6 fan, and I think my new setup probably speaks of my feelings toward the w3), either way I would recommend porting, probably to the jl specs and I think you will have plenty of bass and be impressed with the sq you are getting out of such a loud ported box.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic