car alarm on motorcycle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r3dlin3 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I'm in the market for a new alarm on my 600rr.
Looking around I found a alarm by aolin that seems to fit all but 2 requirements.
1. I need an aux channel so that I can pop the tail trunk without my key. If anyone knows about the 03-04 600rr you will know how much of a pain it is to get the key under the tail and find the keyhole.(no jokes please :) )
2. next is a microwave sensor. This way the alarm will warm people to stay away befor then get a chance to touch it.
3. 2 way pager
however I can't find one that has this capacity.
However I know I can get a cheeper car alarm and get all of the features I want. But i'm not sure if it will be possible to just use one. It would be a heck of a lot cheeper as well.
anyone have any input
thanx
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  
it is possible to use a car alarm on the bike its just a matter of keeping the brain dry..
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Whatever you end up getting, you should check the current requirements of the microwave sensor to make sure you don't end up draining the battery if you don't ride it regularly.
Car batteries have a lot more capacity so it's not much of a problem for them. You don't want the hassle of a battery too weak to crank when you're all set to ride-
I put a one way paging alarm on my bike, and it works well with an added shock sensor; it picks up any fiddling around with the controls and silently pages out. Very low current draw, so it can go for a long period without draining down the battery.
As far as the remote popper, why not just install a mechanical switch that'd be activated when you switch on the ignition? No real need for the remote control other than the gee-whiz factor, since everything is accessible on the bike as soon as you walk up to it.
r3dlin3 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
the trunk popper is also just a WOW factor thing.
i'm worried about the alarm not disarming because there are no doors.
would this even matter?
thanx
Jimmy 2 Times 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

why don't you get a scorpio motorcycle alarm?  I know the best place to find them.  They have a water proof, vibration proof sealed brain.  It also has permiter, and tip over sensors. Flashing lights and horn.  But the best thing it has is an anit hi-jack feature..........which if you bike is jacked, you can shut the bike down with the key pad.  I have one on my gsxr 750.  I think it took me about 35 minutes from start to finish.

if you are intrested, go to www.heatwavecycles.com, talk to Benjamin and tell them you are from gixxer.com to get the deal (cheaper than e-gay)

subconceptz 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
I used a "MERLIN" on my old camel bike from DEI. It worked flawssley for the 3 years I had it. It has an aux. output which I used for my neons. It also comes with a super small brain that has a starter kill built into it. The siren is a waterproof with a backup off key kill, which means if the remote is lost or dropped in a puddle or something you can insert the key to disarm the alarm. One thing you need to make sure of is alot of HONDA bikes uses a 2 circuit wiring for the parking lights. This means you need 2 outputs from the brain to flash all 4 corners of the lights, the DEI has 2 parklight wires just for that setup. It also has a 2 stage shock sensor in the brain and a mercury tilt switch, so that when you stand the bike up straight it goes off. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the other one, I have never used one. Just thought I would let you in on what I know about the "MERLIN".
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
Trunk pop would be pretty nice on the bike but you will not have enough room for an actuator under the seat,,, At least I don't think so, and since there is a lock you won't actually be able to have the set pop up, all you can do is remotely lock and unlock it like keyless entry. For the pop up effect you'll need to have the locking mechanism modified.
bigpimpin18 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
my buddy put a clifford matrix RSX 3.5 alarm on his ninja. He juss added a proximity sensor and that's all he wanted. I have the same alarm and it has a button designed for a trunk popper.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic