96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
techodd 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I just brought BOA remote start with keyless entry and i going to install myself. Can any one have a wire diagram for nissan maxima 96 model GXE, automatic tranmission because I am not sure what wire to hook it up to.
Thank you very much
isus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
12volts wht/red - wht/pur   +  ignition harness
Notes: The ignition harness wires change color at a plug. The above listed colors show both sides of the plug.
Starter blk/yel - blk/wht   +  ignition harness
Notes: The ignition harness wires change color at a plug. The above listed colors show both sides of the plug.
Second Starter grn/blk - RED / blu   +  ignition harness
Ignition blk/wht - blk/red   +  ignition harness
Second Ignition     
Third Ignition     
Accessory RED / yel - red   +  ignition harness
Second Accessory blue - wht/blu   +  ignition harness
Keysense     
Power Lock lt. GREEN/ red   -  in drivers door at switch
Power Unlock GREEN/ YELLOW   -  in drivers door at switch
Notes: Requires a double pulse.
Lock Motor BROWN / white    in drivers door at switch
Unlock Motor brown    in drivers door at switch
Parking Lights+ RED / green    steering column
Parking Lights-     
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger RED / white   -  low in drivers kick
Dome Supervision     
Trunk/Hatch Pin purple / YELLOW   -  drivers kick or BCM
Notes: The BCM (body control module) is located just below the radio.
Hood Pin yellow/black   -  BCM
Notes: The BCM (body control module) is located just below the radio.
Trunk/Hatch Release purple / YELLOW   -  low drivers kick
Notes: Must use a relay to interface with this circuit.
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm arms w/ lock    
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms w/ unlock    
Disarm No Unlock     
Notes: A single negative pulse to the unlock wire will disarm without unlocking.
Tachometer WHITE/ green   ac ECM
Notes: The ECM is located in the front of the center console on the transmission hump. The wiring is easily reached by removing the small black panel just to the front of the center console on the passenger side. the wire is in the middle row, 7th one in from the left.
Wait to start     
Brake Wire RED / green   +  at brake switch
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger GREEN / WHITE   -  
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry -- posted image.
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
No
Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry -- posted image.      
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry -- posted image. Thanks Isus, it's great
Just one more thing. Do you have the instruction or picture which I can look or locate the wire diagram to start the installation? or Where can I start it from scratch that's would help a lot.
Appricaited it.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Up to you from this point on. Character is destiny.
Remote Car Starter Installation Guide
NOTE: The information on this sheet is provided to you on an "as is" basis with no representation or warranty of accuracy whatsoever. It is the sole responsibility of the installer to check and verify any circuit before connecting to it. Only a computer safe logic probe or digital multimeter should be used. Dr.Detail and/or any other associated or unassociated individual or corporation who furnishes this document assumes absolutely no liability or responsibility whatsoever pertaining to the accuracy or currency of the information supplied. The installation in each and every case is the sole responsibility of the installer performing the work and/or any other associated or unassociated individual or corporation assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever resulting from any type of installation, whether performed properly, improperly or in any other way. The information supplied is a guide only.
REMOTE STARTER INSTALLATION
The following information is provided as a reference guide for remote starter installation. We will discuss the most common characteristics of the wires you must locate and connect to in the vehicle for this type of installation. As always, we recommend that you use a digital voltmeter to perform all wire tests. Test lights can seriously damage vehicles on board computers and cost you big $$$. We also recommend that all wiring connections be soldered to assure a solid lasting connection. Avoid routing any wires near any sharp objects under the dashboard, pay special attention to wires routed through the firewall. Split looming is a good idea for wires running through the engine compartment, if you don't have any available to you, taping the full length of the wire will also add some protection.
Before getting started
When a customer's vehicle enters your installation bay you should take a few moments to give it the once over. Check all the switches and systems in the vehicle as well as the exterior lights to make sure that they are working properly and report any defect to the customer before beginning your installation. In the case of a remote starter installation you should also listen to the engine to make sure that it is running properly.
Ignition switch wiring
The major connections for your remote starter are done at the key switch, IGNITION, ACCESSORY, STARTER and in most cases POWER. These wires are usually easy to find, coming off the vehicle's ignition switch. These wires are typically large in gauge however; they can be small gauges as some cars use these wires to control remote relays for all the vehicles operations instead of the wires themselves.
Power wire
The power wire for your car starter should be connected either directly at the battery or to the wire that supplies power to the vehicle's ignition switch. Some vehicle's have more than one wire supplying the key switch but may be fused differently. A good example of this is the dodge intrepid, there are 2 constant power wires at the ignition switch, both are the same gauge, RED & PINK/BLACK. The RED wire is fused at 20 amps and the PINK/BLACK is fused at 40 amps, connecting a remote starters power lead to the RED wire would eventually result in a blown fuse as most remote car starters draw much more than 20 amps. If your remote car starter has 2 power wires you can connect 1 power wire to each of the vehicles power wires. Determine which one is used to supply the accessory output and connect that wire to the power wire that can handle the higher load.
Ignition wire
This wire supplies power to the vehicle's ignition system and fuel pump, it shows between 10 and 14 volts with the key in the RUN and CRANK positions of the key switch. Some vehicles have more than one ignition wire; all ignition wires should be connected when installing a remote starter. Use relays for connecting additional ignition wires.
Second Ignition wire
Some vehicles have more than one ignition wire; all ignition wires should be connected when installing a remote starter. Use relays for connecting additional ignition wires. This Second ignition wires must be connected to an additional relay and
can not be tied in with the original ignition wire. Just connect the new relay using the first ignition relay negative trigger wire and connect the B+ to a known good 12V source.
Accessory wire
This wire supplies power to the vehicle's blower and heater/Ac controls. It shows between 11.5v and 14v with the key in the ACCESSORY and RUN positions of the key switch. Some vehicles have multiple accessory wires to control all the heater and a/c functions. If it is necessary to connect a second accessory wire, use a relay!
Starter wire
This wire supplies power to the starter solenoid to crank the engine. It shows between 11.5v and 14v with the key in the START position of the key switch. Many of today's vehicles have a second starter wire which control a sensor that help starting in cold weather, this wire should always be connected. If it is necessary to connect more than 1 starter wire, use a relay!
Parking light wire
The wire that supplies voltage to the vehicle's parking lights can usually be found at the vehicle's light switch or in the harness of wires going to the rear of the vehicle. This wire shows voltage when the parking lights are turned on. Some vehicles have independent left and right parking light wires. Diodes will be needed to isolate the 2 wires from each other. Some Volkswagen cars need to have the parking light wire isolated from the light switch or the wipers and heater will come on when voltage is applied to the park light wire.
Brake wire
This wire can be found at the switch harness above the brake pedal, it shows between 11.5v and 14v when the brake pedal is depressed. This wire can also be found in the harness going to the rear of the vehicle or at the brake light itself.
Ground wire
Proper connection of your ground wire is essential for your car starter to function properly as it relies as much on this wire as it does on the Tachometer wire to start the vehicle properly and read tachometer pulses. This wire should always be connected to a clean unpainted metal surface in the kick panel or firewall. Grounding directly at the battery terminal is not recommended.
Tachometer wire
Your remote starter requires a tachometer reference signal to monitor when the vehicle has started so it can disengage the starter. The vehicle's tachometer reference wire can usually be found on the engine distributor or coil pack or at the ECM (power control module) or PCM (power control module). References to these modules are often found in Wire Magic. First look for the vehicle's ignition coil or coil pack by following the spark plug wires (if possible) to where they junction together at a distributor. You can usually located a small wire harness at this location were a tachometer reference can be found. If the distributor appears to be supplied via a spark plug wire from another module this will be the coil and will also have a tachometer reference wire. A fuel injector is also a source of tachometer pulses, however this provides a signal for only 1 cylinder so make sure the car starter you are installing can be programmed for this setting. Tachometer reference can almost always be found at the vehicle's computer but this is not always easy to access, see the vehicle's data sheet for the recommended tachometer wire and location.
Factory security
Most factory installed security systems can be disarmed by turning the key in the driver's door to the unlock position. In these cases there will be a wire coming from the door that can be pulsed to shut the security down and allow the vehicle to start without tripping the factory alarm system, this wire can usually be located in the kick panel. If the security system does not disarm with the key, check the vehicle's owner's manual or e-mail us on the vehicle you are working on.
Passive anti-theft systems
Some vehicle's are equipped anti-theft systems that are based on security against tampering with the ignition switch and hot wiring of the vehicle such as GM's Passkey/V.a.t.s, Passkey 3, Passlock I, Passlock II or Ford P.A.T.S similar systems found on other makes and models. See the "Factory Anti-theft Bypass Reference Guide" list for details on all these systems.
Always make all your connections before installing you main power fuse and be sure to program and test all functions properly before closing up you installation.
In closing Use tie wraps or screws to properly secure the starter module and keep the wiring away from any moving parts such as parking brakes or steering column shafts. Mount any switches in a good accessible location where they won't get kicked or hit accidentally.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry -- posted image.
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Helo thepencil,
thanks for the infor, so prety that's all I can get huh? is there a step by step infor out there or that's it.
Thanks again
isus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thats it man.  Just pull the car apart, get out your multimeter and start testing.
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Isus,
ok, one last thing on wiring diagram there is a constant 12 volt wire. Do I need to disconnect battery before strip this wire to test it or just strip the wire without disconnected the battery. I just want to make sure there is no current flow or I might get shock before attempting to do the installation.
Appreciate it and thank again
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I am going to install BOA remote start with keyless entry  model 265B for my nissan maxima 96. As I read the manual that come with the package. I am still confusing because I just tested all the wire from my car. There are 2 Accessory wire on my car that is the red and the blue wire. I am not sure with one should I hook it up to?  In addition, I am concerning about start wire because there are also 2 wires that function the same when I tested these 2 wires which is BLACK / YELLOW and BLACK/ Green, the different is when I put in cranking position with the LED Probe. The BLACK / YELLOW  wire  show  the Red LED lit and exitinguish slowly when the start disengages. But the other (back/green) wire LED Lit and exitinguish right away when start disengages.  Any idea which one is the correct to connect the start wire? 

one more thing, my car is built-in with door lock/unlock, trunk realse, security alarm  with the factory. If I install this BOA remote start with keyless entry Is there anything that I need to look before do anything? 

any input would appreciated it

thank you

accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
NISSAN

MODEL YEAR(S)
MAXIMA   1995 -1999
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A    NIS-1    NISSAN'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, Requires 791 Bypass Module and extra Ignition Key (See NOTE *3)
PART   COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT   WHITE/ RED to WHITE/ PURPLE (+)    IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER BLACK / YELLOW to BLACK/ WHITE (+) See NOTE *1   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER 2 GREEN/ BLACK to RED / BLUE (+) See NOTE *1 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
IGNITION 1 BLACK/ WHITE to BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS   
IGNITION 2 N/A       
IGNITION 3 N/A       
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 RED / YELLOW to RED (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 BLUE to WHITE/ BLUE (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
KEYSENSE N/A       
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A       
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) RED / GREEN (+)   @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS     
POWER LOCK LIGHT GREEN/ RED (TYPE B)   @ SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR     
POWER UNLOCK GREEN/ YELLOW (TYPE B) (Requires Double Pulse)   @ SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR     
LOCK MOTOR WIRE BROWN / WHITE (+)   @ SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR     
DOOR TRIGGER RED / WHITE (-)   LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER       
TRUNK RELEASE PURPLE / YELLOW (-)   LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A       
HORN GREEN / WHITE (-)   @ STEERING COLUMN HANRESS     
TACH WHITE/ GREEN   @ ECM, See NOTE *2     
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A       
BRAKE RED / GREEN (+)   @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM   N/A       
ANTI-THEFT See NOTE *3   See NOTE *3     
NOTES
NOTE *1 When Installing a REMOTE STARTER, you MUST use BOTH Starter #1 and Starter #2 wires. Both wires must be connected to the STARTER/CRANKING Output wire from the Remote Starter or the vehcile will NOT Remote Start when the Engine is cold.
NOTE *2 THE ECM (Electronic Control Module) IS LOCATED IN THE FRONT OF THE CENTER CONSOLE ON THE TRANSMISSION HUMP.
NOTE *3 some late production model 1999 Nissan Maxima's are equipped with NISSAN's TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, these vehicle will require a 791 Bypass Module and an extra Programmed Ignition Key when installing a Remote Start Unit
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I'm installing a BOA265B in a 96 nissan maxima. I have a question  regarding starter wire and accessory wire. Can some one give me some advice? This how I plan to have the BOA wired to the car.

Relay Heavy Gauge            

BOA-265B        -            Vehical

Starter 1     Purple     to        BLACK/ Green

Starter 2    Purple      to        BLACK / YELLOW 

12V             Red        to        WHITE/ red

Acc 1        Orange     to        Blue

Acc 2        Orange    to         Red Ign             Pink        to          BLACK/ white

12V             Red        to           WHITE/ Red

According to the manual from BOA website if you have 2 Accessory and 2 starter wires. A relay is required and i am not sure should I hook it up starter wire 2 and Accesory 2 directly as I mentioned above or should I need a relay for second starter and Accessory wire to make it work.
Any input is help Thanks

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic