icon

Backup battery vs. battery backup siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ripley01 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
If you already have a siren with battery backup, is there any benefit in adding a backup battery? Talking Clifford here, so the siren will sound for 5 minutes when power is cut.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
depends how secure you want you car. as bob said its never a bad thing to have both
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your input. I guess it would be nice if the alarm is still armed after some misfit cuts the power, leaves, and returns when everything is quiet again. It's getiing a real challenge to fit an AG4, IS4, Pager, possibly IntelliVoice, AND a BUB in my Del Sol dash...
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
some set of initials there LOL good system
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

I can always upgrade to an Aston Martin and still have sufficient protection Backup battery vs. battery backup siren - Last Post -- posted image..

sharc 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

I purchased a back-up siren with internal battery but haven't installed it yet.  I did however install the alarm battery backup, which works great.  I was working on my vehicle for a couple days and managed to run the car battery down.  The car wouldn't start but the alarm was still running and working the door locks.

- Jim 

ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  

sharc wrote:
and working the door locks.

I thought the idea was to only power the CCS from the BUB, not 'big spenders' like parking lights and door locks? If I was to connect anything to the BUB apart from the CCS, it would be the Pager and the power antenna.

sharc 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

With my unit it would be impossible to power the parking lights, especially with a dead battery.  The parking lights are powered by the car's battery, not the BUB.  All that would be powered by the BUB would be the internal parking light relay within the brain, but if the car battery is dead, there is little or no voltage to power the lights, given the car battery is dead.

The door locks however are powered by the +12VDC source that powers the alarm, which in this case is either the car battery or BUB depending on which one is in control.

Also remember, the door locks are not drawing current until they are activated and even at that , it is momentary (around a second of duration).

- Jim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic