icon

hornet 564t remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skeletal29 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

I remember one time an installer hooked up the tach wire to the injector i have a hornet 564t alarm pager/remote start.

i installed this into a mitsubishi eclipse i have alot of after market parts (turbo,cams,vpc etc) and i have to start it like two three times so where should i hood upthis wire?

thanks in advance

skeletal29 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

I remember one time an installer hooked up the tach wire to the injector i have a hornet 564t alarm pager/remote start.

i installed this into a mitsubishi eclipse i have alot of after market parts (turbo,cams,vpc etc) and i have to start it like two three times so where should i hood upthis wire?

thanks in advance

97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Assuming you have a 95-99, the tach is white and can be found at the instrument cluster or PCM. One of the injector wires may work also, as long as you're not using one of the wires that is common with the rest.
paul m 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

skeletal29 :

you can use an injector wire but that is not the best way to do it.  Most imports like yours dont  like voltage tapps from delicate systems like injectors . It tends to confuse the very sensitive computer engine management systems that give our lovable imports such great fuel economy . Try to find a proper tach. feed from the tachometer

or the factory tach. test output lead . You will need a decent wiring diagram and if you dont have one you should get one to help you with this stuff. They are worth there wieght in gold .

Check out the wiring data base .

jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
HI! if ypu had newer  stuffs injector should do the job  but wicht  old stuff  you can try crant sensor or can sensor
cocolaboy
robdog1969 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
i beleive that model also has current sensing so you dont need a tach wire
over 20 years of experience in the 12 volt industry
skeletal29 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

i bought this alarm... i never installed an alarm i hook up all the sensors and stuff teh alarm works remote start worked teh day i was hooking it up. the hood pin is not installed yet but its not being grounded out...

now when i click remote start it say the icon remote start safety shutdown indicator and when i ran the diagnostic it says either brake switch wire or tach. i tried two wires at the coil dint work i guess ill just goto the ecu but the thing still should start right..?

like im looking throu the diagrams for wiring i see one list which does not have an explanation

1 200 ma programmable ign2.acc relay turn on

2ign input to alarm

3 200 ma ign relay turn on

4 200 ma acc relay

5 20 ma starter relay turn on

7 200 ma status output

so does this mean each one of this would need a relay ? this is all under teh remote start ribbon harness i dont under stand how it started the first time.

any help would be appreciated.

i uninstalled my friend alarm last night and it was remote start another model it had like 5 relays...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic