icon

2002 Acura RSX, Viper 791 XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noooorb 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys. I'm in the process of install a Viper 791xv into a RSX and ran into a problem today. I believe that I got all the wires that are needed for the alarm and remote start to work connected. I did not yet install the start kill/anti-grind wire and the door unlock and lock wires but I plan to very soon. I also did not install the 555i immobilizer unit yet since I want to make sure the remote start works just with the alarm before I add any components.

I tested it and the alarm seems to work. It arms and if the shock sensor activates, the siren rings. It also disarms, but the doors don’t lock and unlock, obviously.
The problem is with the remote start. I tried both holding the button and pressing it twice quickly but no go. The hood is closed, and the key is in the ignition. The motor does not sound like it wants to starts; it does when I regularly start it with the key.
So a person down the block who installed the alarm on his RSX a long while ago checked it out and suggested that I make sure all the wires are connected. He thinks I didn’t connect them all so I want to be sure that I need them.
First off do any of these connections on the satellite on the thin wire have to be made? A lot of them seem redundant to the thicker wires next to them….
BLUE- status output
ORANGE- 2nd accessory output
PURPLE-starter output
PINK-3rd ignition output

2002 Acura RSX, Viper 791 XV -- posted image.

Also does this WHITE/ blue wire from the primary harness (12-pin connector) have to be connected anywhere? It says “Remote start activation input”

2002 Acura RSX, Viper 791 XV -- posted image.

Also, I don't need to have the startkill/anti-grind connected as well as the door lock and unlock in order to be able to use remote start, correct? I assume not. Thank  you in advance for the help.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

first off: what kind of vehicle?

second: you tapped the purple starter wire into the ignition harness and didn't use the green wire at all right? did you gound the thin BLACK/ white neutral safety switch wire? make sure your gray hoodpin wire isn't reading ground and the thin brown brake wire isn't seeing +12V.

the WHITE/ blue you don't need to worry about unless you want someway off activating the remote start other than the remote. the 4 pin harness on the relay pack may or may not depending on the kind of vehicle you're installing on

noooorb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

It's getting installed into an auto Acura RSX. I didn't install the the green wire yet because I've read for this car it's recommended but not necessary ( I plan to connect it some time soon to have the starter-kill/ant-grind feature).  I did not ground the thin BLACK/ white neutral safety switch. I'll do that tomorrow. I'll double check on the hoodpin and brake wires tomorrow but I'm pretty sure they're fine.

mistahiggs 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
The neutral safety switch must be grounded for the remote start to activate. Try the remote start with the key in the cylindar. If it fires with the key in then your bypass is the problem. The blue/white wire from the bypass needs to be connected to the blue wire in the 4 pin harness (you first pic).
higgs
noooorb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I was finishing up the install of the Viper 791 XV into a 2002 Acura RSX by screwing back together the two panels around the steering wheel. The car started by key/remote just fine before this. Now it does not want to start at all. I'm trying to start it with my key and I hear it cranking and it's as if the imobilzer won't let it start. I went back and carefully checked my installation wires and all seemed fine and the wires were held in tightly.
I'm really lost I checked the voltage on the battery (12.4-12.8 around there) and looked at other wires and they seemed fine.
On the dash the battery indicator light/icon does not come on and neither does the malfunction indicator light come on at any time (only the low oil pressure indicator).
Any leads would be really appreciated. I tried unpugging the alarm brain but that did not help.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
check fuses in the vehicle
noooorb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
I checked all the relevant fuses (including #9) and disconnected the alarm completely but still no go. I made a video of what exactly happens:
http://s90521308.onlinehome.us/nostart.avi (right-click, save as)
It's weird in that everything else in the car works (the fans, the noise when the key is inserted and the doors are open), except the lights I mentioned above and that it just won't start...
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
what type of bypass module did you use?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
noooorb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
I used the 555i, but I disconnected it totally and connetced the original wires back together and still teh same problem.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Did you solder the factory wires to the imobilizer back? if you butt conector them back or wrap and tape them there is going to be a resistance problem ,had a similar problem putting a clifford  matrix in a 2003 type R the other day,and a friend told me to make shure you  solder the bypass wires.Problem solved2002 Acura RSX, Viper 791 XV -- posted image.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic