the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alert 750R in 2000 Dodge Durango

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

If you changed the GROUND.....Did you Relearn any Features, TACH  or Remotes??  When Disconnecting Power, usually you have to start all over

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
rdlybeck 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
I tried that, the wierd thing is that my LCD remote only locks and arms the truck.  The other spare remote will lock and unlock.  Neither will remote start, not even the dash lights come on.
Ryan Lybeck
"Wiring diagrams are nice but still double check with DMM"!
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

I tried relearning the remote and still no change.  The remote in question will only lock and arm.  I tried a spare remote and that works so I think somehow my remote went bad at the same time I moved the ground.  I talked with tech support for Alert and they said that the ground should not be longer than 6 inches and to not use a wire from the battery.  I now used a mounting bolt for my steering. 

Problem is still siren getting voltage.  I don't see how it can be a ground since I have tried so many places.  Alert told me to try wiring in a relay in the siren to see if that fixes it.  But the output wire giving 2.46 volts will trigger the relay in my mind and make the siren even louder wont it??

I want the siren to only sound when an alarm has been triggered.  But currently it goes off everytime I remote start,(its very quiet)

Help?

Ryan Lybeck
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Still have not had any luck fixing this feedback.  I'm getting tired of taking my dash apart and trying something that doesn't work.  Does anyone have an idea that they know will work?  I only want to take it apart one more time and be done with this vehicle. 
Ryan Lybeck
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Well I still have this problem of voltage to the siren while running off remote start.  It does not do this all the time, mostly in cold weather.  Is there anyone who has ideas to troubleshoot this?  2.46 volts is a lot on the siren when running.  I'd like to get this solved.  Thanks!
Ryan Lybeck
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
If that is the BEST Tech Service can do, I would RETURN the whole System & purchase another Brand...........( If it is still under warranty )
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic