icon

Commando ez2500 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lakechub 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

I have all the minimum  wiring hooked up for the remote start to work on '97 Oldsmobile sihlouette.  I programmed my remotes and set the tach setup for engine not checking(did not hook up tach wire).  I can get horn to work and parking lights to work when programming.  I press car locator button and horn works but when I try to start the car,  the parking lights come on but car does not start.  I can hear relays in control box but I get no voltage at ignition wire 1 or 2.   could it think the car is in gear?  The hood switch is not grounded and brake light circuit is 0 volts.  I am stumped.  I would appreciate any help.  I have about 8 hrs invested

Mark

uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
  Recheck your wiring ,does this car require you to bypass a security key  ie  passlock,vats etc????
rfd
lakechub 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

I looked in the manual for this car and I don't see any of  those security features.

What wires do you think I should check?  It must be an input wire of some kind since I don't get any voltage output to the ignition wires.  all 3 red wires are hot going into the unit.  My auxiliary is hooked up correctly. 

thanks for the response

mark

uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Security Information
Constant 12V+Red or RED / White Ignition Switch Harness 
StarterYellow Ignition Switch Harness 
IgnitionPink Ignition Switch Harness 
Ignition 2White Ignition Switch Harness (Instrument Cluster) 
AccessoryOrange Ignition Switch Harness (Heat/AC) 
TachWhite Harness left Side of Engine 
Brake SwitchWhite Brake Switch 
Trunk ReleaseGray/Black (-)  
Trunk PinGray/Black(-) Same as Dome Light 
Parking LightsBrown (+) Firewall Connector 
Head LampYellow Light Switch 
Factory DisarmPink (-) Switch on DashBoard 
Door TriggerPurple (-) Light Switch 
Door LockLight Blue (-) Driver's Kick Panel 
Door UnlockWhite (-) 10 Pin Connector 
Horn WireBlack (-) Steering Column 
Windows UpLF=Dark Blue, RF=Light Blue 
Windows DownLF=Brown, RF=Tan 

I think you also have a security concern since you are not getting power to the remote start, you may want to double check make sure there is  not a passlock sys on this vehicle

rfd
lakechub 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

I will double check for passlock type system now.

One other symptom I forgot to mention earlier.  When you press the car locator button on the transmitter I should get 6 chirps from the horn and 12 parking light flashes.  When I do it I get only one of each and this is not programmable. 

lakechub 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

RFD,  thanks for the help.  I had a weak ground.  I reattached it permanently and everything worked.  I still did not have to hook up the tach wire. 

I like to judge the quality of a product by the manual that is provided with it and the commando manual is poor.  I would not purchase this product again.  I ended up getting wiring diagrams from th DEI site because GNU never responded to my requests.

thanks again.  mark

How do I turn these E-Mail notifications off?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic