icon

RCA Line Out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
How do you have it wired? Check your connections with the diagram above. And I believe your truck has a factory amp and it must be installed after the amp. Pull out your factory speakers and note the wire colors they should be the same color that you are taping into for the converter. Do this and then let me know
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
If you give me your email adress i will send you my phone # and help you get it working
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
sent you my number
NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
well I could not call you. My cell is not working right. Anyway I got is working finally. I had to get a new one. The one I had was not good. The only problem I have now is that the sub sounds like sh*t. Is this because of the adapter or is the sub blown. Let me know
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

Do your hi to low concreters have gain controls? If they do you might want to adjust the one going to you sub amp. Also what kind of X-over do you have for the sub? And is the sub in an enclosure that was designed specifically for that sub?

NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
there is no cross over and I am not sure about the box. I am doing this for a friend. I tink his amp over powers the sub because of the way it sounds likes its blown. So I think it is to much for his sub. I am going to hook my subs up to his amp tomorrow to see if thats it
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like he could have the sub in the wrong enclosure. Each sub has its own set or parameters. These parameter are then used to calculate the correct volume for the enclosure. You can not just take any sub and plug it into any box.The sub has to be designed for the enclosure for it to work and sound correctly. Also dose the amp have a built in x over?
NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
not sure if it has a built in cross over. I know the sub works in that box because when hookep up to a different amp It sounded fine so I think its too much power. I will try it tomorrow and let you know what happens
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

ok RCA Line Out - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic