icon

03 Trailblazer remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ducatidesmo 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hi I have a Valet 561r and 457GW Data bus interface. I am in the middle of the install but am having a problem finding some of the wires. I have the directwire wiring information in front of me, but some of the wires I just plain connot find. I cannot find the factory Disarm wire, which it states is in the door, and I cannot find any infmation on the factory re-arm wire.

would anyone happen to have a psudo- walkthru for a basic remote start install on a trailblazer? I have the 457G pretty much figured out. it's just the remote start that I'm having problems with.

Thanks

Derrick

Mharvey 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
 Alarm Disarm LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) IN DRIVERS DOOR AT MODULE 
03 Trailblazer remote start -- posted image.Alarm Arm GRAY/BLACK (-) IN DRIVER'S DOOR AT MODULE
on the arm wire----THIS WIRE IS THE DRIVER'S LATCH WIRE. PULSE THIS WIRE ALONG WITH THE LOCK WIRE TO ARM THE FACTORY SYSTEM.
ducatidesmo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much... but where is the module? I've looked all over the door and the wires lead to the striker unit and to the power windows/locks/heat and the rear view.
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

I just did my 03 Trailblazer, using the gmdl-bp, hooked the grn& blue from locks on the Rs to the bypass module, you won't have to go thru the door,the databus should handle it for you.

The RS uses the 6 heavy wires , hook these to the heavy wires under column,yellow start wire to the starter wire under the column, Grnd when running hooks to the bypass module, Hood pin to ground.

Using the 457G I believe should handle your arm/disarm,you won't have to worry about finding these in the door. Here's the wiring diagram, disregard the door lock relays ,as i believe the 457g will handle it without going into the door. any questions, contact me Ruffdog@Aol.com

CHEVROLET

MODEL YEAR(S)
TRAILBLAZER 2002 -2005
KEY
T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A GM-9 GM's PASSLOCK 2 ANTI-THEFT System, Requires 791 Bypass Module
PART COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
STARTERYELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
STARTER 2N/A  
IGNITION 1PINK (+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
IGNITION 2WHITE (+) See NOTE *3IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
IGNITION 3N/A   
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2N/A   
KEYSENSELIGHT GREEN (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )GRAY/BLACK (-) @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH  
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )BROWN (+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL  
POWER LOCKSee NOTE *2 See DIAGRAM 14301_TRAILBLAZER_GM SUV Doorlocks.pdf
POWER UNLOCKSee NOTE *2 See DIAGRAM  
LOCK MOTOR WIREGRAY (+) IN DRIVERS DOOR AT MODULE  
DOOR TRIGGERGRAY/BLACK (+) @ UNDER DASH LIGHT  
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISIONTURNS ON WITH DISARM  
TRUNK RELEASEN/A  
SLIDING POWER DOORN/A  
HORNBLACK (-) or BLACK / YELLOW (-) @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS  
TACHWHITE @ PCM, BLUE Plug Pin 49, See NOTE *1  
WAIT TO START LIGHTN/A  
BRAKEWHITE (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL  
FACTORY ALARM DISARM LIGHT GREEN (-) @ DRIVER DOOR MODULE in DRIVERS DOOR.  
ANTI-THEFTYELLOW (+), BLACK (-) and RED / WHITE (Not Used) GM's PASSLOCK 2 System, these wires exit the Ignition Switch Tumbler together and are in the Main Ignition Switch Harness in the Column.  
NOTES
NOTE *1 The PCM (Power Control Module) is located on the DRIVERS SIDE of the ENGINE.
NOTE *2 this vehicle uses a Special Multi-plex Type Door Locking System that will require extra Relays Part #775, to do the Door Locks and Rear Hatch Release, See DIAGRAM
NOTE *3 IMPORTANT !!!!! this wire MUST BE CONNECTED as IGNITION #2 for REMOTE STARTING!!!!!!
LINK 1
LINK TEXT 1 LINK 2 LINK TEXT 2

EXTRA INFORMATION
Show Large Image
03 Trailblazer remote start -- posted image.
This picture shows the IGNITION SWITCH Harness and Plug location under the dash of the vehicle, this harness exits the bottom of the STEERING Column Cover under the dash. This is the plug that when installing a T-HARNESS, you seperate, and place the T-Harness inbetween. NOTE *** the BRIGHT YELLOW Plug to the LEFT of the IGNITION SWITCH Harness Plug is the AIRBAG Plug, DO NOT TAMPER with the PLUG!!!!
Show Large Image
This picture shows the IGNITION SWITCH Harness UNPLUGED from the Vehicle. When installing a T-HARNESS, you would plug the T-Harness into both plug and reassemble. This harness hold all needed IGNITION wires and the PASSLOCK 2 wires. NOTE *** if you look close in this picture, you can see the PASSLOCK 2 wires: YELLOW (+), ORANGE / BLACK (-) and RED / WHITE (NOT USED!!)
Show Large Image
This is a picture of the GM-9 T-HARNESS, make sure the T-Harness you recieved looks like this harness. The GM-9 T-Harness plugs into the Ignition Switch Harness that exits the Bottom of the Steering Column.
Show Large Image
The Male End of this GM-9 T-HARNESS, plugs into the Ignition Switch Harness plug at the Bottom of the Steering Column.
Show Large Image
The Female End of this GM-9 T-HARNESS, plugs into

rfd
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
The 457G controls the factory alarm. You don't have to worry about finding the disarm wir
ducatidesmo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

where did you go to get that T-Harness?? Also, is that does that handle the majority of the wires for the kit?

Thanks

Derrick

ducatidesmo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you all very much. So just to make sure I'm going to ask about all the wires.

Black: Ground

Red: Constant +

Gray/black: Postive dome light circut (??? where is it)

RED / White: Trunk (Not used for blazer)

BROWN / White: Panic output (where is that?)

Light green: negative lock wire (connected to valet 561r)

blue: negative unlock wire (connected to valet 561r)

Violet: Diagnostic plug (connected to pin 2)

blue/white: Ground while in remote start mode (connected to valet 561r)

green: Negative Doot trigger input (supposed to connect to valet.. can't find the proper connection)

Pink/Black: ignition side of Ignition wire at the passkey (Have passlock,  connects to the yellow wire???)

pink: Module side of igition wire (Again, have passlock, connects to yellow wire???)

And for the remote start, I do not have to worry abotu connecting the factory disarm and rearm wires at all (light GREEN/ black and GREEN / WHITE wires on the remote start)

What about the Positve and negative activation inputs?

thanks

Derrick

uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
you will not have to bother with any wires to pass lock, the 457g will handle it all for you , do not cut those pass lock wires
rfd
ducatidesmo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
alright. so I have to find the Panic wire which one is that and where is it on the Trailblazer?  The dome light wire is gray/black and in the a-pillar, correct? and what about the negative output wire? does this go to the negative activation input on the valet 562r?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Get the gray/black dome light on the back of the headlight switch. Get to it thru the cover on the end of the dash. Carefull, there are two gray/blacks. It's the one on the bottom. The horn is BLACK / YELLOW in the steering column wires. Don't understand, what negative output wire? If you mean the blue status wire, that goes to the 457G. Nothing goes to the activation input, you are activating with the suppied remotes.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic