1998 corolla remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reactone 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

HI,

I am trying to install a code alarm csi-400 remote start on a 1998 corolla. The problem is that when i try to start it remotely, it will turn over for about a second but then stop without starting the car. The directions are really horrible, I have tried to reprogram it so that the crank time is longer but it doesn't seem to work. Another weird thing is that if i have the key in the "on" position, it will start up using the remote. I have set the tach per the instructions. I am wondering if i have hooked up the wrong wire for the tach, The wiring database says the wire is blue / YELLOW at the distributor but looking at other posts they say the tach wire is black, at the engine control module. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

dannyDEI 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

check your ignition and acc wires. Find the one that is being powered on by the key, but not by the remote start.

Definately sounds like an ignition isnt being powered, but when your key is in the ignition you can start the car via remote because at that time it is being powered via ign switch

jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
HI! IF you think you have a tach problem  just go to an injector  it's a good ref. signal  and is easy access too
cocolaboy
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up both the BLACK / YELLOW and the BLACK/ white ignition wires?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic