icon

head unit straight from battery?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

lets say i have an extra car battery, a head unit, and some ar speakers laying around. i know i need a constant power and a switched power suply but can anyone tell me what i need to do as far as fusing to keep from starting anythign on fire. i know i know, there is a cheaper, easier, more reliable way to do this (just go buy a cd player that takes batteries) but thats not the point. if anyone wants to give me some intstructions on how to wire this up from battery i would really appreciate it. (mostly just the power suply part, i think i can handle the speaker wiring). Thank you all.

-Ryan

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
if what you mean  to connect the cd player just to the battery outside the car, just run to radio shack and pick up some inline fuses match'd to the size thats' on your deck, put one on each power wire and connect them to the battery and have at it. there's no real difference between connecting the cd player direct to that battery then in the car..only different is the switched wire goes to the ignition and not direct.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
which means you need to hook both red and yellow wires to the + battery post. black to the - post. and dont run the battery charger and the h/u together. more than likely you will get a loud hum in the speakers it will not hurt the deck but the sound is annoying.
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  

thanks! you guys have really helped me out. this is going on a house boat that does not have 110v power yet but there are plenty of auto/marine batteries laying around to operate various things so as a temp solution we can have some tunes while we fix her up. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic