icon

Best Buy Installer dress code?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsm_razer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have been offered a job as an installer at bb starting at $10 an hour.  The store doesn't open for a few months so my question is what is the dress code for installers.  I asked at the interview but they weren't sure.  Can installers wear a hat, jeans, dickies???  Thanx in advance, AJ
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Have to wear black dickies with no cell phone pockets, or buttons. No belts. Black work boots. No hats. What store you going to be working at.
dsm_razer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
The store is opening in Watertown NY in the Salmon Run Mall on Feb 24th.  Are you in NY?  Also, do installers have to wear dickies pants with a best buy shirt or a dickies shirt.  Thanx bro
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
i work at one in north jersey. i wear a pair of black double kneed carheart work pants(HIGHLY recommending anything with a double knee), black boots and my best buy shirt. i used to wear hoodies all teh time because they woudlnt get me a jacket and now they did so i have to wear that.. but depending on ur manager...dresscode is usually slack.. my shirts never tucked in and wear skull caps all the time(hey its cold out!) be warned though.. best buy politics SUCK!
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
belts are allowed, as long as it has a none scratching surface, snap on matco etc. 
Eye am so re todd did.
nxtgenaud 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
if i where you i wouldnt work there i did it sucks big time you wont be in the bay right away it will take at least a year thats what they told me but my best buy has been open a while the only benifit to work there is the employee discount.
koolspot6 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
i was there for almost 4 yrs as sales/install and it sucked the discount isnt as good as some websites and its all low end stuff anyways - 10/hr sucks i was at 13/hr when i went to the bay and i was at 19.75/hr when i quit (never a supervisor either)....dress code in the bay was any black pants you want(including black jeans although i never wore them) i wore the double knee dickies with the cell phone pocket and of course the blue polo however when the DEI/Sirius/XM reps came if they gave us shirts we were allowed to wear those on weekends- shorts in the summer everyday if we wanted from may 1st - end of aug...... anything else you wanna know just ask
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
depends entirely on your management team for everything. if you're hired into install, you should start right away w/ no wait. i don't hire a guy in to go BS on the floor. i don't allow  my guys to wear any XM, Sirius, etc. shirts/hats on the clock. it seems to show a brand preference and we're not getting paid any extra to do any extra advertising for them. must be black in color shoes/boots and pants/shorts. no riveted jeans. best buy shirt/sweatshirt/jacket with all patches and name stitched on. no name tags. most importantly is your tools and a locking tool box. you got any/some/ a lot of experience? i will not leave my box open for a newbie to screw up and loose my tools. he must be able to pick up the tools he lacks to do his job right within the first month (pref. couple weeks). it's noth that bad of a gig. like was stated, the best buy politics can really suck depending how much you wanna play into it. gains you some experience before trying to join a custom shop
memphis11223344 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

Fastlearner wrote:
Have to wear black dickies with no cell phone pockets, or buttons. No belts. Black work boots. No hats. What store you going to be working at.

in West Melbourne FL we have to wear shorts. no belt cuz when your leaning on the car you dont want to scratch the paint or interrior. they dont care what shoes to wear but when you first start out you shoudl follow the dress code just to look good. but after youve been there for about amonth no one really cares as long as you look clean. your workin in the back so no one see's you the only time the managers will see you is when the sales person in car audio will come in the bay to do there down stocking.

6 memphis PR 15's sealed enclosure. indash mobile video system. alphasonik HC800PMA 3000 rms
MECP first class installer
koolspot6 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
oh and when you do get your job start asking the guys back there about side jobs - omg! you can make so much more money doing side jobs right out of the bay - all you gotta do is ring up promo skus and then charge cash for the installs - once we made our budgets for the day we used to do that all the time - you could bring home an extra 300-1000 a week doing it.......its just paying best buy back for getting rid of our good-ole points system. most of you will disagree i know and i don't care and will say oh they will catch you - NO THEY WON'T    it happens and i saw it happen for 4 years and i know it still happens at a lot of them cause i've asked around------ anyways dress code still - the shirts (xm/sirius/alpine...etc) thats a summer time weekend thing and not all stores will do it - we did cause it got hot and its not like we were the ones selling the products - we sold some things but mostly parts (kits/harnesses/amp kits/ etc...)    shorts i think all best buys can where them at any time but i think our store just put a summer rule dow...we could wear belts but we don't - shoes - we got to pick as long as they were black / dark in color.................
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic