icon

Best Buy Installer dress code?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
And, since i'm on the forums too if i find out you're doing side work i'll personally come to your house and kill you!
If it is something best buy doesn't do (i.e. body work, paint, misc. car accessories) I don't give a rats hiney.
But the biggest problem is customers in Any professional business coming back in looking for someone to fix something while they're working on the company's time card.
Other than that. Dress code. Slack until like he said, corperate comes around.
and.. by the way =) I wouldn't give out store numbers incase someone from corperate happens to be monitoring these sites=)
koolspot6 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
i'll throw out some #'s for u store 263 / 290 / 486......try to prove anything...just try
sir_misery 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I always have customers asking but i always say no becouse its not worth it . in order for me to make it worth my wile i would have to charge over twice what the company dose and even then i dont like most of the customers that want side jobs done . they are shady i dont like doing biz with shady people. i have seen it done some of the guys were very open about it doing them right outside the bay with managers in the bay . they did nothing and that pisses me off but im not gonna get in the middle of that one .. so i just wait and watch they dont last long.  if you need cash that bad you can always find work in the 12volt industry that has not ties to best buy .  its called contract work lots of companys in the larger citys will pay good cash to a good installer, most of it is pay by job with no benifits but if your good and fast you can make lots of $ on your time off i do lots of work on government / security  vehicals light bars, sirens ect.
yeh? i can do that?
see! told ya!
RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
You know, this is really sad.
This post starts as dress code for the bay and turns into how to steal from corporate... and justifying it.
Dress code: The only thing Murph missed is undershirt color. It must be black or white. That falls more under sales floor dress code but I belive it carries over.
Our DSDM allows hats (non-carfi related) due to the extreme humidity here in the south. You just gotta keep it clean and on the up and up.
I dont think that matters any more with this post.
You folks affecting my families well being should be put on a shooting line. If you steal from my company, you steal from me. Making it seem right because you hit budget??? Where do you draw the line? Just because you department is under shrink budget do you take what you want? Or better yet on a store level???
In 5 years in LA Ive brought in $3k from shrink checks. Not much over five years but when you multiply that times our 200+ employees. Thats .6million paid for being honest.
Murph has changed my integrity over the years.... let me help you change yours.
Someone pass me that bottle.
s_p_n_k_r_07 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

Even though there is a trend of similar things I'll just tell ya what my store requires and what they ignore..........

I've worked at the Mayfeild Hts. Ohio store for about four years and i've almost always worn a hat, belt, and double knee dickies with the cell phone pocket, and in the winter i usually wear a black hooded sweat shirt over the blue polo.

Management wants me to lose the hat, belt, cell phone pocket, and wear the best buy sweat shirt. but they only bother me when they have other issues with my performance. the rest of the time they turn a blind eye. Just dont wear anything you cant excuse and you'll be fine.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
There should be a whole pile more honest people out there. Sadly though, most employees, as some have evidenced here, are in it for themselves only. What comes around goes around. Someone said to prove it, it is extremely easy to prove...... I could make a highly respectable living being in the employ of a large dealer like BB / FS catching the scum that steal from their employer. Sad, truly sad..... Nice to see you hear Murph and give your input as well. I am also known as MR2NR on the forum that you frequent most.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
shyne151 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Just some comments from a circuit city installer(let the flaming beginBest Buy Installer dress code? - Page 4 -- posted image.).

So you guys have no points system what so ever? you just get a flat hourly rate?  I was always told we hired in making more money than you guys... and all you are talking about hiring in at 10-13 an hour(maybe location plays into this?)... well I only hired in at $9.75... mind you with our points system it usually works out higher.

Also, does best buy furnish tools for you guys or do you all just bring your own?  I know I have my own box just because the tools at the location i'm at now are half missing. 

I think are the whole patches things for your name tags is an awesome idea.  The damn name tag I have to wear is a magnet one and I've probably lost 4 of them in the last couple months alone.  The whole wearing no belt thing?? is that really true?  I mean we use fender covers, and now have new "pit" shirts which we wear untucked, so it covers our belts... but even before with our old collared shirts we always had to have a belt on. 

I also see it's easy to get away with side jobs(manager dependent i guess) with different sku's and doodie.  My manager doesn't care so much if I bring up a buddy's car and work on it.. but at my old shop we weren't ever allowed to do anything like that.  Once again manager dependent I guess.

overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
theft is theft! I knowing that in my last position back in Australia my boss used to get upset when he found out that i was doing side jobs OFF the clock! But would calm down when he realised that I wasn't going to stop and that I wasn't taking money from him. I wasn't taking money at all. I don't charge friends any more then a case of beer per car :)
I will be starting at a BestBuy next week and I look forward to the relaxed attitude I will be able to take. No more last minute auto show cars, no more 3am calls from customers trying to figure out how to get more bass from their $400 system. None of that stress. Just goto work. Do my install. Do my install well the first time. Come home at a reasonable hour and spend time with my kid and wife.
Peace out folks.
Check all advice given with a meter
s_p_n_k_r_07 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

I wish it was that easy at my store...........I've been at work (best buy) until 2am working on last minute cars. Mostly customers that argued same day install to management successfully. I've stopped in to grab tools and find myself putting in a few time edited hours. and I dont remember the last time I actually left at the end of my shift.  Oh yeah and today I actually got to leave to get food when I was on lunch the rest of the time I just punch out to meet compliance and do a deck or two for a normal break.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
OK, Im a lead tech at my store which means Im an install manager with a  different title. My guys take their ques from me and if the have issues those go through me as well. I will be the first to point out that alot of my guys dont go for lunch on the weekends, they work strait through, however they get paid for that time and I never stop them from taking lunch, they just dont because they are constantly driving towards beating our budgets. If I need them to work overtime I give them two choices, either punch in for the OT or I will let them leave early the next day. The only person who doesnt punch in for the OT or leave early is me, and thats cause I think they might get wized if I punch in for 60+ hours every week. My point here is that its ILLEGAL for them to not allow you to leave for lunch if you are working a full day shift, and for you to punch out and then not leave is something you do not have to put up with. And if you catch crap for that then it becomes a Labour Board issue which you would clearly win.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic