the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

93 Grand Cherokee factory security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

Factory security only. Car battery goes dead, the dealership changes the battery...and the factory, mind you FACTORY security goes nuts. Hit the disarm unlock on the transmitter.....nothin. These batteries are also dead. They disconnect the battery, change the transmitter batteries, hook the car battery back up, alarm goes nuts (headlights, amd horn) hit the transmitter.....nothin. It will lock but will not unlock, nor will it disarm the security. They just want the security disabled. I thought of triggering the disarm wire in the drivers kick. Then check the function of the transmitter. NOTE: while the security is goin off you can strt the rig, but then it dies! This rig has the IR type transmitter.

I just want to help these guys, they are a new customer of mine....and I'm lookin to shine. Thanks for ANY help!!!

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

Don't know if this helps.....

Programing Cherokee IR Transmitters:
1.   Open driver Door...Leave Open
2.   Move Driver Door Lock Control Switch to LOCK Position
3.   Turn Ignition Switch to RUN position
4.   Within 20 Seconds of Step 3, Aim Transmitter at Keyless IR Reciever on Headliner, and Press LOCK button for 5 Seconds.  Driver Door will LOCK to Confirm Recieving Code
5.   If additional Transmitters are desired, within 20 Seconds, again move Driver Door Lock Control Switch to LOCK & Repeat.
6.   To Retain New Transmitter Codes, and ERASE any existing Codes, within 20 Seconds of the Last Step, Turn Ignition OFF then ON again

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
The wire your getting in the kick is really the drivers door cylinder wire. Will it disarm with the key in the door?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jimd2p 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
Gary, did this get handled yet? I am supposed to be there tomorrow to work on that Vette. Let me know if you need some help brutha.
scandent 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hey I dont know the answer but if you figure out how to disable the no start lockout (it shuts down the fuel pump I think) let me know.

My 93 grand cherokee has been doing something similar intermittently for a couple years and the dealer couldnt figure it out. It will go into a no start condition where it starts and runs for 1/2 to 1 sec then dies. over and over. My local chrysler dealer said lets throw a $1000 dollar Body control module computer at it and see if that fixes it. Well the vehicle is only worth about twice that so i dont think so. I just want to bypass the relay if thats possible but I dont know which one it is. I asked them and just sort of got a blank stare...

PS locking it up and allowing the alarm to arm, then reaching in to open the door manually with the lock lever so it triggers the alarm, then manually resetting the alarm with the key in the door lock will reset the no start condition; maybe it will work on your problem?

S.L. Hampton

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic