icon

02 trailblazer, keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tahawus84 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install keyless entry on a 02 trailblazer. I have a 457g data bus connector and a DEI 712t keyless entry system. I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with about connections. The following is how I have it wired maybe someone can tell me if this is correct.

Data bus connector - keyless entry connector

Light green (neg lock) - GREEN/ black (lock #30 common output)

Blue (neg unlock) - blue/black (unlock #30 common output)

Green (neg. door trigger) – Blue ((-) 200ma second unlock output)

If I didn’t explain something good enough let me know and thanks for your help.

streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

The purple wire from the 457G goes to the purple wire on the OBD-II port. The green wire from the 457G goes to the GREEN/ black of the 712t. The blue wire from the 457G goes to the blue/black of the 712t. Violet on the 712t gets grounded. Violet/black on the 712t gets grounded. Red on the 712t goes to constant +12v. Black on the 712t gets grounded. RED / white from the 457G goes to RED / white on the 712t. Gray/white from the 457G goes to switched +12V. Anything else? That's for basic keyless entry.

-Christopher

MECP First Class
Bay Manager
tahawus84 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I put everything in the car today and I dont get any response. The light on the 457g stays lit and the alarm box will make a clicking noise when I press the buttons but the doors dont lock/unlock. Any suggestions?
tahawus84 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
I havea 02 trailblazer and just installed the keyless entry. I have a few questions. How can I get at rear hatch to lock and unlock with the other doors? Right now it wont lock or unlock but all the other doors will. Also how can I make the headlights and reverse lights come on when the doors are unlocked? I have a 457gw data bus connecter and a dei 712t keyless entry system. Thanks for the help guys.
ducatidesmo 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like you haven't programmed the box yet. If I'm wrong sorry and please disreguard. anyway, all you have to do is unplug the unit, press and hold the button on the other side and plug it back in, turn the ignition on (not start) until it flashes then let it go and start the truck. that's it, it is programmed.

uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Did the car come equipped with  power locks?  If it did the bypass should handle it all throught the data bus once you get it hooked up

rfd
tahawus84 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
yes the car has power locks and they work with the bypass unit but nothing happens for the rear door. the other four doors lock and unlock like normal. I dont know if I amsuppost to hook up somthing else??
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

I' m not familar with your bypass , I used a trilogic gmdl-bp and I can program it for priority unlock of drivers door on the first press of the remote button, second press opens all the rest,or I can program it to open all the doors on the first press

rfd
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
The rear door not locking is a known issue with the 457G and Trailblazer. I think DEI said they were working on updating the software to fix it. I would switch to a GMDL-BP
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, it is a known problem with the 457G. I've had some that will unlock but not lock the rear hatch. Make sure the 457G has a solid ground not shared by anything else. For a while they were shipping 457G's with a diode that was supposed to make things better. It was supposed to go on the ground wire, band away from the 457G. Another alternative would be a 455G and 555L. Together they will do the job with no problems....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic