the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Battery Sizes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cirrusly_fast 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a single battery that is powerfull enough or big enough to replace two regular batteries?
I'm wondering if it's possible to ditch my car battery and spare optima battery and just use one large battery in it place.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
System: 1-12" Orion H2, Crossfire VR2000D,Odyssey C2150 battery
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
No.
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

i wouldn't just simply say NO like KarTuneMan... i have seen many people run huge audio systems off of a stinger 2150 battery... it all depends on if he has an HO alt and his power requirements....  i would believe that an 200 amp alt. and a stinger 2150 would run his crossfire amp just fine... if im wrong please let me know...

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
cirrusly_fast 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
what about Kinetik Batteries?
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
The kinetiks do have the output rating of 2 batteries   the 2400 series
And I know from testing they will do a 400+ amp brust for 5 seconds and the voltage will drop from 14.7-11.8volts
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
cirrusly_fast 
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
so, I smell, an alternator upgrade and possibly a kinetik battery upgrade in the future. The kewl thing is that those kinetik batteries, are only slightly larger than car regular batteries.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

cirrusly_fast wrote:
so, I smell, an alternator upgrade and possibly a kinetik battery upgrade in the future. The kewl thing is that those kinetik batteries, are only slightly larger than car regular batteries.

Upgrade your alt. get a good underhood....then get the kinetik and isolate it....sorry for the "simple answer of no" a BIG battery won't help you a bit. It can only store what is produced. They alternator upgrade is the best suggestion.

have fun and good luck

cirrusly_fast 
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
well, i'm trying to relocate the battery from the front to the back. I have a chrysler cirrus and the battery is located in the bumper. I have to take of the driver side tire to get it out. I want to modify that area and put in a CAI.
I don't want to have to give up the spare tire well yet and there seems to be a spot where I can place a battery sideways on top of the wheel well in the trunk to where it won't be in the way. So obviously one large battery is more practical than two especially when the kinetik is roughly the same demensions as a regular car battery.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
And remeber...if you need to you cant mount the kinetik upsidedown (you can put it anywhere) its sealed.
cirrusly_fast 
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
sideways? cuz I know the u can mount optimas sideways
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic