icon

Bulldog RS door locks on 03 Montana

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djreiswig 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Bulldog 1000 RS on an 03 Montana.  Everything works fine with the RS, but I don't know how to make the door locks work the way I would like.  I hooked into the wires for the driver's door switch, but if the van is locked with the old keyless remote, and then unlocked with the Bulldog remote, the horn goes nuts.  I don't know if it has the factory alarm or not.  I would assume it does by the way it responds.

I have the wiring info, but I don't know if it is correct for my van.  Here is what it says.

POWER LOCK|RED / black *3        |-  |BCM, to right of glove box  |

POWER UNLOCK|ORANGE / black *3     |-  |BCM, to right of glove box  |

*3 The door lock wires will only meter when turning the key in either door key cylinder. Also have to program the door lock pulse duration for 3.5 seconds to unlock the doors. On vehicles without the factory alarm, use lt. blue for lock and white for unlock. Find the wires in either kick panel.

How should I check these wires?  Do I test them with a meter to ground?  Volts or Ohms?  What should they read?  How does the van know if the key is being turned?  Will this prevent the horn from going nuts if I use these wires instead of the lock button inside the van?  Do I give them a negative or positive when I hook up the remote start wires.

Also, is there a way on this van to make the locks work like they do with the factory FOB?  i.e. push unlock once, driver's door only unlocks.  push unlock twice all doors unlock.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

Use a Meter

You will need a Second Unlock Output from your Bulldog and a SPDT Relay

Drv Door UnlockTAN ( + )Driver KICK PANEL

Power LockRED / BLACK ( - )IN DRIVER'S
Power UnlockORANGE ( - )KICK PANEL
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  

Will these connections disarm the factory horn thing?  Are these not at the BCM?  I do have a RED / blk and two ORANGE / blks at the BCM.  Where are they in the kick panel.  Do they come from the door thru the rubber boot?  How does the Second Unlock Output work?  I am using the wires on the Bulldog that are for the locks now.  I read something in the book about a double pulse lock thing.  It sounded like it was for an alarm system or something.  Where does the relay go?

Do you have the colors and plug numbers that I need to connect from the Bulldog.  This is the first one of these I have put in, and I don't want to buy a new BCM.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

??????

Check to see if your Bulldog has the SECOND Unlock wire feature......

If it doesn't, then you either have to purchase a Pulse Expander or do without the Driver Priority Feature you want.........
ORANGE is Unlock & Disarm...........in Driver Kick Panel, also in Boot

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

How do I know if it has this option?  Will the book say SECOND Unlock wire feature?  I know it has the dual pulse thing for disarming an alarm.  It says something about this in the book, like one push for driver's door disarm and unlock and two pushes for all other doors disarm and unlock.  Is this what I am looking for?

The stuff for the van on bulldogsecurity.com says to use RED / blk and orng/blk at BCM.

How will the tan, orange, and RED / blk connect to the starter?  I think I have the Deluxe 500 on their website.  I don't have the books with me.  I do know I have lots of extra wires, though.  Can anybody come up with a schematic for the starter I have?

tpapke 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

I am the owner of the van and was assisting djreiswig on the install.

We do have an out put for a 2  stage unlock and have a diagram on how to connect. If you have factory keyless bulldog recomends connecting to RED / black(-) for lock and ORANGE / back(-) for unlock at the BCM. This may operate the 2 stage unlock but we were leery of doing this because the wires did not meter the way they said they would.

The main problem is if the factory content theft system is armed with the  the factory fob, when you remote start, the horn and the lights are activated for two minutes (not a good thing in the parking garage at the hospital where my wife works). Is there a way to disarm this when the rs is used or do I have to disable the content theft system all together?   

Thanks.

djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Can anybody help us with this?
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
 Make your install easier , buy one of the data bypass modules from Bypass kit .com , then you won't have to rig up relays, I saw one for this vehicle there   that will do all you want, well worth the 80-90 bucks  or a DEI bypass module which does the same thing , trusat me it makes the install alot easier ,especially if you are not sure what relays to set up, one wire and you're done
rfd
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
If your remote starter has a disarm output hook it to the ORANGE / black wire in the driver's kick panel harness. This is the same harness that comes in from the door. It is behind the rubber/foam deadner. Hook your lock wire to the RED / black and hook your unlock wire to the white wire. Make sure your disarm output activates during both unlock and start. If it doesn't or if you don't have a disarm output, use the ORANGE / black for disarm and unlock. It will need a 3 sec. pulse or a double pulse to disarm and then unlock all doors. You will have to program the remote starter to relock the doors after start. The RED / black locksthe doors and arms the alarm.
sparky
djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Sparkie.  The instructions for the remote start say to use the RED / blk and ORANGE / blk at the BCM.  The BCM is under the right side of the dash next to the glovebox.  Are there also wires with these colors by the driver's kick panel?  Would they be the same wires?  I think I remember reading somewhere that if you give the unlock wire a .8 sec pulse it would disarm without unlocking.

Any ideas on how to make the drivers door unlock with one push on the remote and the other doors unlock with a second push?

What should these wires read with a meter so I know if I have the right ones.

Thanks

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic