icon

Bulldog RS door locks on 03 Montana

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
The wires are the same ones either at the BCM or in driver's kick panel. They run from the kick panel, back to the front seat, across the van and then forward to the BCM. The ORANGE / black is both an unlock wire and a disarm wire. A double pulse will first disarm and then unlock all the doors on the second pulse. One long pulse will also do the same thing. Measure the wires with a meter set on a 12 volt DC scale. Put your meter's red probe on a know 12 volt + source and use the black probe to test each wire. Your meter will show 12 volts when you activate the correct wire. There should only be one of the RED / black and ORANGE / black wires in the harness. To do what is termed a two step unlock, your remote starter has to have the ability to do this. it will have two wires for unlock and may require programming to activate the feature. The extra unlock wire is designed to cause the driver's door to unlock first with one press of the unlock button on the remote. You need this wire to activate a relay to open the tan wire going into the driver's door. This tan wire is the one which goes to 12 volts + when you use the door unlock switch. It sends 12 volts to the door lock motor wire. Wire the relay as follows: Cut the tan wire going into the door. Terminal #86 and # 87 to a fused 12 volts + battery source; terminal #85 to the first unlock wire from the remote starter (this is the one you are using now); terminal # 87a to the van side of the cut tan wire; terminal 30 to the door side of the cut tan wire. The other door unlock wire which you aren't currently using goes to the white unlock wire coming in from the driver's door.
sparky
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
There is only one ORANGE / black wire coming in from either front door. This is the disarm wire/unlock wire. The easiest place to get it is in the driver's kick panel. Pull the sill panel off the floor at the door's edge and then pull the kick panel rearward. There is rubber backed foam behind the panel. Reach behind it and pull the wire harness that is in there. You can pull it out fairly far as it runs down the sill plate. Remove the tape and you will find all the door lock and alarm wires. To test for the correct wire you can't check it the way you described. Set your meter on a 12 volt DC scale and put your red probe on a known 12 volt+ source of battery power. Put your black meter lead on the orange black wire. Use your key in the key cylinder in the outside of the driver's door. Turn the key to the unlock position and watch the meter for a response. It should go to 12 volts when you turn the key. The pulse must be very short or the doors will also unlock. The only RED / black in the harness will both lock and arm the alarm with a 3/4 sec. negative pulse. The white wire is the unlock wire. These wires won't likely respond with using the factory remote.
sparky
paulrboucher 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

It's working!  Everything turned out as you predicted Sparkie. When I remote start,  with the alarm on, the remote starter  first disarms the alarm without unlocking the doors, then starts the engine! Super! (I also had to enable the "Secure Lock" function on the AS1200 )

------

I have another question. The Pontiac Transport 1998 has multiple ignition wires. Do I really need to "connect" all of them? I didn't  "connect" the white ignition wire and the remote starter and the car is running fine. Here are the details.

I installed an Autostart AS1200. The Pontiac Transport 1998 ignition harness has the following wires: two 12V, one Starter wire, three Ignition wires and one Accessory wire (as per the GM specs):

-12 volts, Red (fused at 60 amps): connected to 12V constant of the remote starter

-12 volts, RED / White (fused at 40 amps): connected to other 12V constant of the remote starter

-Starter, Yellow: connected to STARTER pin of the remote starter

Ignition 1, Pink: connected to the IGNITION pin of the remote starter

-Ignition 2 (HVAC), Orange: connected to the ACCESSORY pin of the remote starter

-Ignition 3 (INSTRUMENT CLUSTER), White: not connected

-Accessory, Brown: not connected

Accoding to http://www.drdetailshop.com/STARTINSTALL.html

"Some vehicles have more than one ignition wire; all ignition wires should be connected when installing a remote starter. Use relays for connecting additional ignition wires. This Second ignition wires must be connected to an additional relay and

can not be tied in with the original ignition wire. Just connect the new relay using the first ignition relay negative trigger wire and connect the B+ to a known good 12V source."
I am concerned that I should provide 12V to the Ignition 3 wire (WHITE), however, I didn't notice anything wrong when remote starting the car or driving it. What do you suggest?

-----------------

For sake of completeness here is the complete list of connections:

remote starter tach pin: connected to Pontiac white wire in big harness front of engine on top of radiator

remote starter brake pin: connected to Pontiac white wire on brake switch (over the brake pedal)

remote starter parking light  pin: connected to Pontiac brown wire on headlight switch

remote starter unlock pin: connected to Pontiac ORANGE / BLACK wire in driver kick panel.

I also installed a hood pin and a valet switch and use all default settings in the remote stater except I enabled the "Secure Lock" function (in order to disarm without unlocking prior to remote start).

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic