No dash lights on '00 Galant

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcelestin 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys,

Just installed an Alpine receiver in an '00 Galant, Yes! I used an adapter harness, but now dash lights dont come on.  Harness says BLACK / YELLOW is Illum, but your info page says GREEN / WHITE.  Have checked both with no luck,  Checked for fuses--all accounted for.  Even checked for burnt bulbs--nope, each works.  Oh,  and also checked bypassing dimmer swtich...

and get this...the d**** lights WORK when I put the old stereo in!  (that I will need a code for if I leave it in--dont really want to do that)

Anyone who has installed in a Galant Please Help!!!!!

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Disconnect the dimmer/illumination wires from the harness and tape them off- you won't need them.  It sounds like you've crossed a couple wires and connected a dimmer to an illumination wire or something, but they aren't necessary.  Just be glad your dash lights still work and the dimmer switch isn't fried.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
tcelestin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

**Revised**

Just installed an Alpine receiver in an '00 Galant, Yes! I used an adapter harness, but now dash lights dont come on.  Harness says BLACK / YELLOW-factory/ ORANGE / white-aftermkt harness,  is Illumination, but your info page says GREEN / WHITE-factory/plain Orange-aftermkt (which also says "not used" in instructions).  Have checked both with no luck,  Checked for fuses--all accounted for.  Even checked for burnt bulbs--nope, each works.  Oh,  and also checked bypassing dimmer swtich...

and get this...the d**** lights WORK when I put the old stereo in!  (that I will need a code for if I leave it in--dont really want to do that)

Anyone who has installed in a Galant Please Help!!!!!

tcelestin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip Geepherder...I will give that a try....
memphis11223344 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
try checking the fuse box. somtimes you can blow a fuse. your dash lights are rated a 25a fuse cuz thats the acc. if you look on the fuse box panal that you took off there should be a digram of all the fuses try taking out the acc fuse with the required fuse remover that is stuck inside the fuse box. if its blown then reaplce it with a spare
6 memphis PR 15's sealed enclosure. indash mobile video system. alphasonik HC800PMA 3000 rms
MECP first class installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic