icon

Remote start, 2002 Ford F350 Diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wfdbackdraft 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a 2002 Ford F350 Diesel, and have installed an Avital 4300(remote start/security). The alarm works, but not the remote starter. Here's how I have connected my wires from the relay to the ignition wires:

cut the green starter wire

purple(+starter output)--green going to the starter

green(starter input)--green going to ignition switch

2 red wires(+12V input for high current outputs)-- connected to the 2 yellow ignition wires

orange(+accessory output)--blue/green

pink(+ignition output)--RED / green

pink/white(+second ignition accessory output)--not connected to anything

Does this look right? I hit did the tach learn, and got the correct number of flashes from the led. When I press the button twice, nothing happens(parking lights are supposed to flash).

Also, I read on here that you can't hook up to the wait to start wire, but instead, to program a 15 second delay. How? 

2002 Ford F350 CC 4x4 Diesel
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
I believe there is also a RED / black second accessory wire that must be powered too.
sparky
wfdbackdraft 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
From what I'm reading, there is also another accessory wire(blue/green)which is where I've connected my orange wire. The RED / black is there too, and did the same thing that the blue/green did, so would it make a differance which one I connected to? I'm not sure.
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
You need to power up both wires as accessory circuits. They must be isloated in some way. If your remote starter doesn't have an additional acc output then use a relay.
sparky
wfdbackdraft 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

Sparkie,

So your saying that I need to connect the pink/white wire to the RED / black accessory ignition wire? I also just read in another post of yours, that the dome light supervision output needs to be connected for the remote start to work. I couldn't understand the diagram in the instal manual for that relay. And my trucks wiring diag. said to just use the door trigger for the dome supervision. HELP!!!!

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure which post you are refering to about dome light supervision, but it has nothing to do with remote starting. All it does is turn on your interior lights when unlocking. Use a volt meter to check the RED / black wire to see if it is an ignition or acc. An ignition wire remains powered while cranking. I am not famaliar with your remote starter system, but if it does have an additional high current positive output circuit that you can set as an accessory circuit or ign, then yes use to to power the RED / black wire and set to ign or acc depending on what you find. This truck may also have a transponder in key. If it fails to start try it with the key in the ignition switch, but don't turn it. If the truck has a battery saver option then you may have to do some extra wiring to get your door locks to work. The body module shuts down after 30 mins and msut be woken up to get the door locks to work. You may need to get a wiring sheet for this truck and recheck all your connections.
sparky
wfdbackdraft 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. My dome lights come on when I unlock the doors, which is why I haven't hooked that wire up yet. The remote works the doors just fine.

The RED / black wire is an accessory wire. I'll go and try to connect the pink/white to the RED / black, and see what happens.

wfdbackdraft 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

Nope, nothing happened.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

This is how I wire them..............

Also I use a Timer for the Glow Plugs

Constant 12 voltsL GRN/PPL(2)&YEL(2)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 voltsRED / GREENIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
StarterDARK GREENIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #2GRAY / YELLOWIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3RED / BLACKIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
AccessoryBLACK/ GREENIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
woodn01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
ok here is what you need. i've done the avital 4100 remote start only on a 2004 f-350. the heavy gauge relay satellite wiring harness for the remote start, you need to hook these wires up. the pink wire goes to the RED / lt. green wire on the truck. the purple wire goes to the green starter wire on the starter side of the starter kill relay. the orange wire goes to the gray yellow wire on the truck. i did not need to hook up the RED / black wire on the truck. the red wire goes to yellow (heavy gauge) wire on the truck. the pink white wire goes to the WHITE/ yellow wire on the truck. the other red wire goes to the GREEN/ purple wire on the truck. now make sure that your hood pin wire (gray wire) is not seeing ground. also make sure the brake wire (brown) is not seeing a positive input and the (BLACK/ white) neutral safety wire is not seeing a ground input. now to answer the question about the wait to start timer on this truck. if your alarm has a aux output that can be timed for 30 seconds, you can use this output to be an input for the wait to start wire, but its just another button you have to push to remote start the truck. the best way to do this is to just spend the extra 20-30 dollars and buy a DEI 528t pulse timer. any best buy can order it for you. i just ordered mine off the internet and i got 2 of them with 3 day shipping for 35 dollars. hope this helps. have fun.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic