icon

05 Magnum Audio System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joegomez 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I just purchased a new 05 Magnum, I'm just about done with the alarm. My next task will be the audio system, I will have about 2,500 to spend thanks to uncle sam. I'm not really sure what componets to buy.  I do know that I want everything to be the same brand Sony, Kenwood or even Pioneer.  I want a touch screen display with all the bells and whistles including Navigation, If there is such a thing. I dont know much about who is better all I do is Install them. Anybody have any suggestions? I heard that Pioneer has a double din out for 2006 that suppose to be pretty good, what do y'all think? I've allways been a Sony guy, but I want what's best for my money if It cost me more I'll spend more for quality.  Here's what I plan on installing, Head Unit, dash-doors-quarter speakers, TV's in head rests ( 2 ), crossover's, 3 amps and 2 sub-woofers.  It does'nt have to be loud just sound good with a little bass. Also does anybody have the wiring diagram for the head unit, I purchased a quick connect from bestbuy and some of the wires don't match.  Thanks in advance for your inputs.  
J.Gomez
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
If you want quality then 2500 may get you the head unit and nav but not much more.  Get the Metra harness adaptor, you'll need to catch your ignition power directly at the ignition switch, think it is pink/white.  JL Audio just came out with a Stealth box for the Magnum.  Spend more on your front component system more so than the rears, get some cheaper coax's for the rear(6x9's) and be sure to mount the tweeters in the dash where the factory one's are or should be and hush mat the front doors for sure,,,I just did an Alpine/JL audio system in one for a up and coming rapper and he did two back flips over the system,,,I didn't use the Stealth box but hid 2 12's in the rear compartments,,,
joegomez 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I actually have about 6,000 to spend, It's just that my girlfriend was sitting next to me when I made the post. ( I'm sure you know how that  goes ) What head unit do you suggest I use? Since the SXT Magnums don't come with speakers in the back doors, I was thinking about putting a componet set there, same goes for the front, I heard that JBL and MB Quartz have good sets, What do you think?  Thanks for your inputs.
J.Gomez
Ctoh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
The one I just got done with and the other one I'm doing for him right now has the Alpine IVA-D310 Head Unit, JL Audio XR-650 CSI front components, TR 690 Coax's in the back, a 300/4 JL and 500/1 JL Audio amps, 2-12w6 Subs in custom boxes in the rear compartments,,,also 2 10 inch Headrest monitors with a game prep and DVD,,,,threw on a Strut grill just to top it off!  PM me if you need some help getting the components,,,
00neon 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
i wanna see pics of that
1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4
Front: Alpine SPX-177A
Rear: JL audio VR690-CXI
Ctoh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
I'll post some up of the one I'm doing when its done, I got some pics of the strut grill but I finished tidying everything up on it about 30 seconds before he got there to pick it up!  I don't think I'm going with the w6's on this one, its an 06 and they have some air bag modules behind the compartments, not as much room for that deep of a sub,,,
joegomez 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Ctoh, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out, Thanks.  Here's what I was looking at purchasing today, I have a friend who owns an audio store ( Xstream Sound ) and he is going to give me everything at cost.  He is an Alpine dealer ( he does have just about any manufacture I want, but he stocks more Alpine than anything ) He's giving me a sweet deal on a complete Alpine system ( no navi and no sub box ) I'm going to see if I can fabricate the JL Audio stealth box to fit a 12" instead of a 10" .  I'm also going to make one for the right side, I just have to find some where to put the amps (visible).  Here's the system tell me what you think....

Head Unit                      Alpine IVA-D310

6/Cd Changer              Alpine CHA-S634

Dash speakers           Alpine SPS-100A  4" 2 way    ( I have to do some cutting )

Front doors                  Alpine Type-R SPR-1725  6 3/4" 2way components  ( minor cutting needed )

Back doors                  Alpine Type-R SPR-1725  6 3/4" 2way components  ( minor cutting needed )

Rear panels                None

Sub-Woofers               Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D  dual 4ohm    ( Qty 2 )

Speaker Amp              Alpine MRV-F345  75 x 4

Sub Amp                      Alpine MRD-M1005  700 x 1

He's also going to throw in some dynamat for the doors, and also a Lighting Audio LSD10DT-03 Strike 1-Farad cap with distribution block, and all the wiring for the amps and speakers, for 3,500 bucks. What do you think ,Good deal or No deal.  I've heard that some people have had some problems with Alpine, is that true?  What's your judgement.  Oh yeah; All this stuff is new, not refurbished  

Anybody with suggestions feel free to post your advice, I need all the help I can get. 

J.Gomez
Ctoh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
I think if i was going to go with an alpine system, i'd go with type x components & subs, appropriate amps. i'd also look into getting a deck with navigation, and only run 1 set of speakers as well. I'd also put more money in to the sound dampening, as in doing the entire car.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic