icon

2005 Pontiac Aztec Remote Start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Crimestopper 2011 combo unit in a 2005 Aztek 2 weeks ago,The customer called 5 days later with a dead battery,I went over all my connections and couldn't find anything wrong so I assumed she left a light on or something.A few days later it went dead again,I seen the post on diode isolating the groun out while running wire,so that's what I did.It's only been 2 days so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.I used a relay to power the brown wire as an accy.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
The brownsecond wire is a second accessory and must be hooked up to prevent the check engine light from coming on. The engine light only comes on after a few minutes of run time under remote start so it is possible to miss when installing it. The other thing that causes the engine light to come on is failing to use the negative parking light wire. Light blue plug of the BCM and light blue wire. On most GM vehicles if you don't use the wire that comes from the headlight switch to trigger the parking lights the vehicle sets a trouble code because it thinks there is a short circuit in the wiring that caused the park lights to come on. Some vehicles turn on the check engine light for this and some don't. As mentioned by another member the Impalas and Buick Rendevous also do this.
sparky
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
We need to figure this out. I just did a Buick Rendezvous. Same car I think and i didnt hook up the BROWN wire cuz it didnt say to. Now she hasnt come back yet but i would like to know how to fix it if she does
So,,,Are these the same cars we are talking about?
And if you dont hook the brown wire up. What will happing?
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Ok you posted as i was typing
Yes i also found this with the ford freestar
I use the -park lite and no ses lite
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic