icon

clifford dual zone prox set up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveo29 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply....do you know if this type of cable is used on anything else?  computers/microphone cable etc 
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Some audio cables shield like that.. your local electronics store might have cable like this on the shelf.
steveo29 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

okay ive now moved my clifford dual zone prox to the roof, just toward the rear in the hopes of better coverage

so i tried to set it up, how much coverage should i expect for the inner zone??  it seems to like being set at where it senses you near the headunit or steering wheel...i had hoped for a little coverage in the rear/hatch area, is that too much to ask?

what about the outer zone..do they get unreliable if you set it more than a few inches from the glass?

any tips/hints please

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Set your inner zone to the maximum right before it picks you up outside the vehicle.  I set the warning zone to pick me up If I lean towards the car to look in the window about 1foot away.  This way you can walk near it all day long and you will never hear a sound from it unless there is a genuine threat.  The more you turn it up the more of a chance of weather and and unsignificant threats setting it off.  If you do have the urge to crank it up.  Only do it to the warning zone and leave the inner zone set like I told you, so if anything it just honks instead of a full blast, which will also FACT out the prox sensor. 
steveo29 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

thanks...do you have one ina scirocco then??  mines in a mk2/a2 golf

that pretty much how it is set...although the inner one falsed for some reason although i cant trigger it by touching the windows 

scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I have one in scirocco, and two in a2 jettas, Mine never false and i mean never.  They are not in the roof, although I have put them there in other vehicles before.  I find the best placement right in between the seats.  Turn it down a beep or two and see what happens.  If it still does it you might have a bad sensor.  Get a shock/omnisensor to work with your prox sensor for the ultimate protection.
steveo29 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

thanks, i already have a omni tooclifford dual zone prox set up? - Page 2 -- posted image.

am i expecting too much to want coverage in the rear seat hatch area?? ive got it so if you grab for the wheel /stereo it gets you..but if i reach in toward the rear seat or from the open hatch it doesnt get meclifford dual zone prox set up? - Page 2 -- posted image.

i noticed i could mount it so its angled toward the rear a little...would that be a idea?

scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
No, you reached the limits, the sensor puts out a circle with a even radius from the sensor being the center of the circle.  And it is not a completely exact science, If you turn it up you will make it get more sensitive to the front and sides of the vehicle and probably cause it to go outside the windows, I think you  reached the limits.  You do have hatch pin hooked up to make the alarm go off if the hatch is opened right.  Just thinking that should at least cover somebody going in from the hatch.
steveo29 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i have the pin on the hatch, its just i hear thieves like to cut out side windows to gain entry
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
he still won't make it to the front of the car without triggering the alarm. you should be ok with what you got
get another prox if you think its really gonna be a problem
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic