Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
If you were running MTX 9500's.. Specs
Which amp would you chose?
2 JBL 1200.1's?? Specs
or
1 JL AUDIO 1000/1??? Specs
Gimme some good feedback guys on watcha think please.
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
i would go with the 2 jbls.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
well you are comparing 2 amps that have diffrent power ratings, the jbl's are gonna have more power but not by much you are talking about 200 more rms wattage. the thing that you have to take in to consideration is that the jbl's are 1200 watts at your normal operating voltage, 14.4, what happends when you crank ur system up and your voltage drops to 12 or 11 volts? you loose power from your jbl amps, were is say the jl has r.i.p.s. technology in it that makes the amp put out 1000 watts rms at any voltage between 11 and 14 volts. so consider the extra 200 watts rms you are going to get on paper and take it and actually put it in your car and then both amps have about equal power when they are being used, its no contest the jl wins by far. the only drawback to the jl amp that i can see in this comparison is that the jl is going to cost more than the jbl's cuz i found the jbls for 299 off sounddamain and im sure you can get them cheaper but then you might want to figure in the extra wire you are gonna have to buy and a distributor block. its up to you how you want to do it but in my opionion the jl amp is a much better choice.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
you get what you pay for. i know someone with a 1000/1 which he runs at 4 ohms.   kicks some serious assJBL Amp vs JL Amp -- posted image. .
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
True that. I already have the 1200.1 amps at my house. But i just wanted to go with a company that has better technology. If you get what i mean.. you get what you pay for.
fozzz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Better technology? I don't think the technology differences between the amps is much if anything. JBL is a much bigger company then JL. They are both good amps and I dont really think you will notice much difference between them. So I would choose the amp that fits your budget and install the best.
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
If im already running a 450/4 for my speakers... I better just go with the 100/1.. but will this amp push those 9500's to its potential guys? I know JL is way underrated right?
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know if it will push them to potential, but it will problable drive you to hearing loss if thats good enough. umm. and also you will get 1000+RMS watts and not have to run it at 1 ohm, which kicks ass, having so much power at 4 ohms. I have 600RMS @ 4 ohms with my Phoenix gold amp (couldnt afford the JL) and i am insanely satisfied with it. dont know how the PG amps stack up with all you high end guys, but i absolutly love it and will definatly do anothe in te future, and suggest them to my friends all the time, let them hear my system. which also brings me to my next point, PG makes a 1200RMS watt amp, like the JL it is stable in the output regardless of the ohm load. the 1200.1 has 2 4 gauge connects for + and ground. and looks nice. i dont know if youd be interested in one of them, but they definatly are great, and are available pretty reasonably.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
How many MTX 9500s are you actually going to be using?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Two 9500's
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic