the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1000/1 And 3 12W3V2's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:

JL amps are regulated, and they put out max rms between 1.5 ohms and 4 ohms so a 3 ohm load will recieve the same power as a 1.5 ohm or 4 ohm load. Besides, a few hundred watts won't make and audible difference, but pushing your amp to its limits will.

ddsubman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:
ddsubman wrote:
94yj wrote:

dont go under the specified impedence of the amp or your warranty will be void the slash series amps run at 1000 watts rms at 1.5 threw 4 ohms so its dosnt matter what you have just keep it in that resistance area

Your warranty will only be void if you tell them you had it wired at 1.3ohms........If that amp is stable at 1.5 ohms, it should swing 1.33. If not, it'll go into protection and you'll have to change your setup to get it to run properly. If it won't run that low you might want to consider buying an amp that is 1 ohm stable.... 

Why lie about it to begin with? And it is lying. Sorry, that just bugs me. (steps off soap box).

I agree with the others, run it at 3 ohms and you'll be just as happy and shouldn't have to worry about any problems with your setup. Enjoy 1000/1 And 3 12W3V2's - Page 2 -- posted image.

Its' only lying if you say anything.LOL
Gettin' deafer by the day.......96' GMC yukon-Eclipse CD 5442HU
MA Audio HK4000D-Digital Designs 9515F
150+db with one woofer...DD rules!!!!
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
ok well no one has still answered the question, are the subs going to be louder if they are run at the lower ohm level or is it not going to matter if i run it at the 3 ohms instead of 1.33 and it is going to sound the same becuse the amp puts out 1000 watts no matter what?
vwgolf1128 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
They are saying it is safer and better to run it at 3ohms than 1.33. Theres no difference from 1.5-4, and there isnt going to be a risk for your amp, as there will be with the 1.33. So save damage to your amp, and run them on 3ohms.
Volkswagen Golf
Alpine CDA-9851
Alpine MRD-M501
Alpine 12" Type R Ported
Alpine Guy is my hero
oxygen65 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
wow this is only the 3rd time ive asked this, IS RUNNING THE SUBS AT 1.33 GOING TO MAKE THEM LOUDER THAN 3 OHMS? that is all i wanna kno
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

oxygen65 wrote:
wow this is only the 3rd time ive asked this, IS RUNNING THE SUBS AT 1.33 GOING TO MAKE THEM LOUDER THAN 3 OHMS? that is all i wanna kno

Maybe, probably, could be, not sure, but then again I think so.

ddsubman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Why don't you try it both ways and have it metered?
Gettin' deafer by the day.......96' GMC yukon-Eclipse CD 5442HU
MA Audio HK4000D-Digital Designs 9515F
150+db with one woofer...DD rules!!!!
oxygen65 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
wow all i was asking is that if i run it at a lower ohm load would it be louder, becuse i think it would be but i guess no one can give me a simple yes or no.
dwarren 
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

With an unregulated amp, you will see an increase in wattage based on ohm's law. So in theory the answer to your question is yes....

But there other factors that you migh keep in mind, like going from a two ohm load down to a 1.33 oohm load to a said amp will only increase wattage output by a minimal amount, so minimal (probably a few hundred watts) that you will not hear the difference, but like mentioned above you may end up sacrificing your amp. 

Happy now?

sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

No it will not make an audible difference.

The JL slash series amps are all regulated, they produce even power throughout their impedance capabilities.  So on a JL 1000/1 it will produce 1000 watts rms from 1.5-4 ohms.  On top of running the amp below its recommended level there is no reason to try to push it above its 1000 watts if you could.  Those subs are rated for 250 rms a piece, even at the 1000 rms they will be getting you are overpowering them by roughly 80 watts a piece rms.  If you tried getting them higher you run the risk of overpowering them and bottoming out.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic